Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
We started homeschool last year and I am looking into a few online homeschools for this year and wanted to see if anyone had any advise for me or could recomend some schools. We are lookin at Keystone online and promise academy. Thanks so much :-)
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I've never heard of either of those. I looked into online schooling but it's not for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterfly112505
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Boobah:

I've never heard of either of those. I looked into online schooling but it's not for us.

It has really worked well for us. My daughter loves it. She likes to work independently and have the option of having a teacher if she needs it. Everyone is different and I wish I was the type if mom that could teach her but I am very active in her education and and happy with the quality of the education she has received so far. Much better than the public school she was in thats for sure. 

LoriAlane8
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I am familiar with the curriculum that Keystone uses...K12. We have always used it and love it. I think that is what you should check out above all...how is the curriculum?

QueenCreole313
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I'm not using an actual school but have chosen an online curriculum called Monarch by Alpha and Omega. I like being independent but love the digital learning.
Momof697
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I have not used them in my state it is illegal to do online schools. So if I went to our school and was enrolled in the school but did it all at home I would be breaking the law. I stay away from that. People do it in my state but I do not. BTW I live in WI

QueenCreole313
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM
That's crazy!

Quoting Momof697:

I have not used them in my state it is illegal to do online schools. So if I went to our school and was enrolled in the school but did it all at home I would be breaking the law. I stay away from that. People do it in my state but I do not. BTW I live in WI

butterfly112505
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM

My daughter did like Keystone alot but it was easy for her and she was done with in 3 months with all her work with all A&B's so if it was a little more challenging we would have been very happy with it. I also hated she finshed so quickly and we have to keep paying for 9 months! Those $152.00 payment for us were hard considering she was done so quickly. I do have to say we used the workbook alot and the teachers were really helpful and took time with her when she needed it.  I really wish K12 was free in Alabama I would be using them for sure!

Quoting LoriAlane8:

I am familiar with the curriculum that Keystone uses...K12. We have always used it and love it. I think that is what you should check out above all...how is the curriculum?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I'm not sure I understand. It is legal, in every state, to homeschool independently. Your state may not offer the online school for FREE, as a public school option, but it is perfectly legal to buy it independently...

Quoting Momof697:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I've never used one before but here is a bump for you. ?)
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM

We are doing Math and science on the computer.  We are doing teaching textbooks online science program as well through simple homeschooling.  I wanted my son get a deeper understanding of physics so we will be learning it together.  We will also be doing math projects, life of fred, and reading the world of mathematics and physics together.  I like using a variety of mediums when it comes to educating.  It relly works for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)