Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT I am really STRESSED I have to go......

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 30 Replies

Grocery shopping!!!  I REALLY, REALLY don't like grocery shopping!  The traffic, parking lot, screaming kids, people that stand in your way doing absolutely nothing except staring into space.  I have to make a meal plan, that has some variety in it.  I should probaly put on some make up so I don't look so scary.  GRRRRRR...........I think I'm going to hyperventilate!  Do you enjoy grocery shopping?  What don't you like about grocery shopping?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I HATE grocery shopping!  The last couple days we've been using up whatever we have left and it's time that I  make a meal plan and go stock up tonight too.  :(  My 5 year old opened the fridge while I was making lunch and says "Mom, when are you going grocery shopping?  Theres almost nothing in here."  I guess I can't put it off any longer....

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I hate grocery shopping.  It takes so long and by the time I am done I hate my children for making everyone look at me like I am a crazy lady because I am getting on to them for running into old people and babies and for getting into stuff. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

i enjoy grocery shopping a lot! i love having my list ready to go, menus made and then buying what i need for the month! i love helping other people find things in the grocery store, esspecially elder ladies, they are so kind! and thankful! i like asuring the moms with young kids that it will get easier, or telling a angry child to obey his mom! hahahaha

the one thing i dont care for is the mom that lets her kids run around and get into others baskets or be out of control, the moms just dont care! they think its cute!!  or when the store doesnt have what i want!

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I don't mind going to the grocery store.  It gets me out of the house.  I do meal plan and I plan around some of the stuff that we have left in the pantry and freezer, so that I can rotate stock.  I even try to stick to our budget.  I have several meals planned about 15-18 and we eat leftovers and wing it for the rest of the month.  I don't seem to have the experiences you have unless I go to super walmart....I despise that place.  Maybe wait until your DH is home and go without the kids, even if it midnight.  LOL At least you are getting a break.  That is the way I used to see the shopping, but that was when I paid for the groceries.  My SO pays for them now so he has to go with me, which menas the kids go too.  It was a sad day when we had start doing it that way.  I hope that you don't stress to much over this...it really is just the grocery store.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM

not really a fan of grocery shopping, it is stressful to me.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Oh, Deb how I wish you were my neighbor and we could go shopping together!!!  I really could use some help in the store.  Actually my problems are not with my kids, they've become very helpful by pushing the cart.  My problems are usually OTHER people's kids!

Quoting oredeb:

i enjoy grocery shopping a lot! i love having my list ready to go, menus made and then buying what i need for the month! i love helping other people find things in the grocery store, esspecially elder ladies, they are so kind! and thankful! i like asuring the moms with young kids that it will get easier, or telling a angry child to obey his mom! hahahaha

the one thing i dont care for is the mom that lets her kids run around and get into others baskets or be out of control, the moms just dont care! they think its cute!!  or when the store doesnt have what i want!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I hardly ever go grocery shopping, for the weekly stuff hubby picks it up on his way home from work.  Most things I buy at the bulk store every 6 months (50# bag of flour, 25# bag of oatmeal, 10# bags of beans).  Then I get a lot at the farmer's market.  Which I LOVE!!!!!  All the colorful veggies, kids begging for blueberries and purple potatoes, the honey sticks at the honey guy's stand, neat things I've not tried before that now that I've seen it I just have to find a recipe for it.  I'm a farmer's market junkie!

oredeb
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM

i do this also!!! we have some nice bulk storres here(i go every 4 months)!! and i love love the farmers market(theres a lot of them here), they always have whats done in my garden and it doenst cost a lot! we also go to the upick places and pick our fruits and whatever else they have a lot of, we bring along our lunches and enjoy the days, we get our honey from the man on the side of the road by one of our fishing holes, some great oranges from the guy on the side of the street by us, and the little veg/fruit stands give me their left over pumpkins in november!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I hardly ever go grocery shopping, for the weekly stuff hubby picks it up on his way home from work.  Most things I buy at the bulk store every 6 months (50# bag of flour, 25# bag of oatmeal, 10# bags of beans).  Then I get a lot at the farmer's market.  Which I LOVE!!!!!  All the colorful veggies, kids begging for blueberries and purple potatoes, the honey sticks at the honey guy's stand, neat things I've not tried before that now that I've seen it I just have to find a recipe for it.  I'm a farmer's market junkie!

snowangel1979
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I hate it right now.

I have 3 choices go in town where everything is more money, drive 20 minutes south where everyone is rude and It's always packed or drive 40 minutes north. If Dh is with me we go north.

DD is 16 months and is a trip to take anywhere right now. She doesn't want to sit in the cart but will not walk next to me. She'll stop or walk the other way.
Scream because she's not getting her way and can get out of the harness seat belt thing that I have on my shopping cart cover.
If I can get her to sit, she wants to sit on the handle facing forward. Dh can handle that, I however am to short to hold her like that. They have like seat ones where It's 2 seats facing forward behind the cart, she's so dang skinny that the seat belt is pointless. I try to not to go shopping with her but Dh works 80 hours a week right now, so I have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

We go to the upick places too!  We have gallons of blueberries and strawberries in the freezer from our local upick.  We do peaches in late august (when the crowds are over and it's better canning weather) and we do early and late apples (early for applesauce and late for cold storing).  Last year I traded for a lot of the veggies we bought.  The farmers loved my eggs (but the raccoons got so many of my chickens we don't have them to spare) and I made goat milk fudge, chevre, goat mozarella, jellies, jams and bread to trade for their stuff.  They are upset that they arent allowed to sell the farm kitchen stuff but they can trade for it and I can trade for theirs.  We get honey and maple syrup and maple sugar from the same sugar shack (the kids call him our "dealer").  Our market is outside and I think that's what I like most about it.  It just feels good to be out in the sun when you're picking your food.

My father usually gives us his pumpkins, but I get some spaghetti squash and some of those huge hubbards at the apple upick place.  they grow their squash in a section of their orchard each year!

Quoting oredeb:

i do this also!!! we have some nice bulk storres here(i go every 4 months)!! and i love love the farmers market(theres a lot of them here), they always have whats done in my garden and it doenst cost a lot! we also go to the upick places and pick our fruits and whatever else they have a lot of, we bring along our lunches and enjoy the days, we get our honey from the man on the side of the road by one of our fishing holes, some great oranges from the guy on the side of the street by us, and the little veg/fruit stands give me their left over pumpkins in november!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)