Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do - Tuesday

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM
  • 24 Replies
Tuesdays to do list?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I feel like I can't get anything done these days.
Make a menu
And a grocery list
Go to grocery
Fold laundry
Diaper laundry
Read history
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Chop carrots and celery for sauce, I still have some tomatoes to mill.  Roast tomato halves to freeze (unless anyone has pressure canner times for roasted tomatoes with oil?  Debbie?)  Pack blueberries.  Wrap shower gift.  Bath the dog.  Pull onions and purree.  Wash jars.  Clear shelves. 

Noelle (one of my goats) is biting herself raw, so I'm going to get each of them in the stanchion and check her out.  Brush them and trim their feet.  I've got a chicken who is leaving to lay her eggs, so I'm going to search for the nest.

Hopefully I can get it all done!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Quoting Boobah:

Make a menu
And a grocery list
Go to grocery
Fold laundry
Diaper laundry
Read history

You get a whole lot done!  You are taking care of an itty bitty.  And you probably wash diapers every other day?  It just feels like nothing gets done, but you know it'll get better.  :)

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quoting Boobah:

Make a menu
And a grocery list
Go to grocery
Fold laundry
Diaper laundry
Read history

I am right there with ya. My motivation has taken a vacation!

My list today:

• School
  • Put away laundry
  • Make dentist and hair appointments
  • Allergy shots for oldest son
  • Send some emails for co-op
  • Change sheets on kid's beds
  • Organize my closet
  • Make dinner
oredeb
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

ive not pressure canned them in oil but heres a couple places that talk about the safety of it and some recipes!

http://dorisandjillycook.com/2009/09/02/canning-roasted-tomatoes/

heres the ball books recipe i believe 

Roasted Roma Tomatoes

12 pounds Roma Tomatoes
4 Bulbs of Garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 tbs minced fresh oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp coursely ground black pepper
bottled lemon juice

Roast tomatoes on grill or in broiler until skins begin to wrinkle and become lightly blackened in spots, turning to roast evenly on all side. Remove from heat. Place roasted tomatoes in a paper bag and close tightly. Cool until tomatoes are easy to handle, about 15 minutes. Slip skins off tomatoes, cut in half and remove seeds. Cut into 1/2 inch chunks; set aside. Place garlic on aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over garlic. Wrap foil around garlic, sealing edges tightly. Roast garlic at 350 degrees until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool garlic until it is easy to handle. Separate cloves of garlic and remove papery skins. Add garlic to tomatoes. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until hot throughout. Add 2 tbs of bottled lemon juice to each quart jar. Ladle hot tomatoes into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two piece caps. Process quarts 1 hour and 25 minutes in a BWB. Yield: about

4 quarts.

http://chezpim.com/cook/tomato_confit_o

and a discussion about it

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg101210141326.html

have fun!!!!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Chop carrots and celery for sauce, I still have some tomatoes to mill.  Roast tomato halves to freeze (unless anyone has pressure canner times for roasted tomatoes with oil?  Debbie?)  Pack blueberries.  Wrap shower gift.  Bath the dog.  Pull onions and purree.  Wash jars.  Clear shelves. 

Noelle (one of my goats) is biting herself raw, so I'm going to get each of them in the stanchion and check her out.  Brush them and trim their feet.  I've got a chicken who is leaving to lay her eggs, so I'm going to search for the nest.

oredeb
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

to do!!

finish canning cherries( my friend left on vacation so i get to do hers!!)

need to run an errand for dad and mum

clean house(gee i just did it yesterday!)

pick green beans, can some and freeze some

out of cookies for lunches so will need to make some more and freeze

dh off to work

feed animal

straighten up pantry!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Thanks Debbie!  My Big ball book doesn't have that one! 

Quoting oredeb:

ive not pressure canned them in oil but heres a couple places that talk about the safety of it and some recipes!

http://dorisandjillycook.com/2009/09/02/canning-roasted-tomatoes/

heres the ball books recipe i believe 

Roasted Roma Tomatoes

12 pounds Roma Tomatoes
4 Bulbs of Garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 tbs minced fresh oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp coursely ground black pepper
bottled lemon juice

Roast tomatoes on grill or in broiler until skins begin to wrinkle and become lightly blackened in spots, turning to roast evenly on all side. Remove from heat. Place roasted tomatoes in a paper bag and close tightly. Cool until tomatoes are easy to handle, about 15 minutes. Slip skins off tomatoes, cut in half and remove seeds. Cut into 1/2 inch chunks; set aside. Place garlic on aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over garlic. Wrap foil around garlic, sealing edges tightly. Roast garlic at 350 degrees until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool garlic until it is easy to handle. Separate cloves of garlic and remove papery skins. Add garlic to tomatoes. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until hot throughout. Add 2 tbs of bottled lemon juice to each quart jar. Ladle hot tomatoes into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two piece caps. Process quarts 1 hour and 25 minutes in a BWB. Yield: about

4 quarts.

http://chezpim.com/cook/tomato_confit_o

and a discussion about it

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg101210141326.html

have fun!!!!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Clean

Laundry

Get the cranberry walnut bread baking in the bread machine

Make sure ds7 finishes his homework (he is going to a private school and has to do an "about me" project for his first day tomorrow)

Try to talk my husband into caving and bringing me home Dr. Pepper after work (I quit drinking soda but not sure that was such a good idea today lol)

Go to ds4's preK open house

Get ds6's homeschool work, project, activites and field trips planned for the next couple weeks even though we will probably venture off on something completely different then planned haha. 

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting Boobah:

Make a menu
And a grocery list
Go to grocery
Fold laundry
Diaper laundry
Read history

I am right there with ya. My motivation has taken a vacation!

My list today:

• School
  • Put away laundry
  • Make dentist and hair appointments
  • Allergy shots for oldest son
  • Send some emails for co-op
  • Change sheets on kid's beds
  • Organize my closet
  • Make dinner

Organize closets - I need to do that too.  Thanks for the reminder.  :)

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Quoting rsrangel:

Clean

Laundry

Get the cranberry walnut bread baking in the bread machine

Make sure ds7 finishes his homework (he is going to a private school and has to do an "about me" project for his first day tomorrow)

Try to talk my husband into caving and bringing me home Dr. Pepper after work (I quit drinking soda but not sure that was such a good idea today lol)

Go to ds4's preK open house

Get ds6's homeschool work, project, activites and field trips planned for the next couple weeks even though we will probably venture off on something completely different then planned haha. 

OK, you must share the recipe for the yummy bread : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN