Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool Holidays...Do you?

Posted by   + Show Post

So my Hubby emails me and says "I am the principle of Broggin Elementary and I am declaring August 8 a Holiday. NO SCHOOL!!"

Tomorrow is my birthday and he wants us to take off. I had no intentions of doing this. But tonight I feel extremely horrible. My Dr started me on a new med called Metformin. And it has horrible side effects (which is why I still can't believe I am taking this crap) But we have been TTC for over 2 yrs and we are ready to take the next step with fertility meds. So anyway I feel horrible, tomorrow is my 26th birthday, and Hubby is adamit that there will be no school. 

Do you take days off for birthdays?? And is it right to do considering we just started this week?? 

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Replies (21-27):
NoraDun
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Thank you. We have been TTC for over 2 yrs now. I have only Od twice. My Dr recommended these meds ages ago for me but I kept trying the natural route. I just decided maybe it was time to try some meds. So we decided we would try this first. Its miserable!! I hope it doesn't take us much longer!

Quoting KickButtMama:

I don't necessarily take birthdays off, but we take random holidays when the mood strikes - like when one of us isn't feeling well.

I hated TTC drugs. It was like PMS and Early pregnancy (including the exhaustion and nausea mix in). We tried for 3 years before conceiving my youngest. Good luck!

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I don't see why not. That's the nice thing about homeschooling--you can work at your own pace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Of course you can take off school days off even though you just started schooling. Thats what is soooooo wonderful about homeschooling. U do NOT have to check in with someone else anymore. You can decide what you want as it fits your family's needs> whenever>however>for whatever! Enjoy yourself!  You desrve to. :)  

undefined

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You can take a day off whenever you need, or feel. That's the great thing about homeschooling. 

I know some schools that start a couple of days before Labor Day, and then they take off for Labor Day. IMO, there's no difference between that and what you're doing.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Quoting NoraDun:

Because of my blood condition they really didn't want to give me too much assistance hormonally (as it increases the risks of clotting and multiples - which would be bad on blood thinners.) so they gave me 6 months on the meds, and wouldn't give me more. We got pregnany on the very last month.
Xakana
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

lol, I will totally be taking holidays, ESPECIALLY for birthdays!

buzymom93
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM

thats one of the great perks of homeschooling!! you can take off any day you want!!

Christian Unschooling Mamma to my Adventurous 7yr old, Isaiah and mamma to my oldest, Mario 19yrs old and daughter in law Kristi.... Excited Grandma to my grandson Russel age 17months and my soon to be grandson due Dec. 6th....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)