Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am a sahm of a 2 yr old. and 3 month old. i know that i want to homeschool my kids and we have a couple years. When did you guys start looking into what program you wanted and all that? i dont know which are good programs or where to even start. any advice would be welcomed thank you :)

american flag ribbon

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Replies (11-14):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I also Wrote a couple of articles that might interest you:

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-young-too-young--1541795.html?cat=4

http://voices.yahoo.com/home-education-young-child-782315.html?cat=4
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Thats exactly how we were no baby talk in my house. When my 2 year old started talking to me at 6 months in two word sentences people were shocked. But she has 3 older siblings and me talking to her all day and Daddy every night so she was hearing lots of words. Not all my kids talked that early i have just went with the flow when they started talking.

Quoting ajmurphy:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I'm sure your right, that she just hasn't grasped the understanding of how the mouse works just yet.  But given the determination, I bet she will grasp it and soon too.  How much is she into right now?  Does she have favorites yet? 

Quoting ajmurphy:

yeah that is what we have done. Jocelyn is laerning so much. i thought about using abc mouse with her right now, but she gets aggravated bc she doesnt grasp the mouse usage yet... but that wont be long lol

Quoting kirbymom:

Well Hi ajmurphy! Welcome. :) 

I haven't used any curriculums. I have just written up their lessons myself.  When your children are this young, they learn so much and its such fun watching their little eyes light up with understanding! 

undefined

ang639
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Hi i havnt started yet but i need advice from a to z i am not happy with the school system or any schools in my area my daughter will be a sophmore i dont know if thats to old to start but i dont know if i want to send her back to her highschool the school seem dangerous if police cars have to be at the school at closing thats a problem for me .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN