Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel like you can't vent to your Hubby because he'll feel that you can't 'hack' homeschooling?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM
  • 31 Replies

Do you feel the need to make things sound peachy?

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely NOT!  My hubby is almost always super supportive.  (Every once in a while he has a bad day)  We made this desicion together, so he really tries to encourage me.  He knows that putting the boys back in PS isn't an option, so I think that helps keep him supportive.  If we had started right off with hs (like I had wanted) he probably would have been more critical at times.  Knowing what the ps has become, it's easy to see what we need to do.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely yes. Even though he knows this is best for DD right now, I know he thinks she'd be better off in school. I've gotten the sense that he thinks we're only doing this because she failed in school. Never mind the fact that she tried to kill herself to get away from the shark tank. It's still a failure to him. I try to involve him in curriculum choices and decision making and he wants no part of it.

So yes, I'm very much on my own here.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this
No way. He's supportive and a great sounding board for when I'm stressed.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol, no way he's not just my husband he's my best friend too.

He loves that we homeschool and when I feel insecure about something, or have my down moments he's a great person to turn to for encouragement, positive feed back and to be cheered back up.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM
No my hubby will jump in and help if i get frustrated. He saw the fight we had with public school last year. He agreed with homeschooling though I think he is a little nervous since I have been talking about homeschooling without k12.
oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

no! he homeschools also, he teaches the  maintance part of cars,outside work, how to help people, so much hes taught them for life,etc! if they arent towing the line my dh will step in and ask them why, hes always been supportive of hsing, very against ps, more than i am, very pro hs, he walked out of school in 5th grade and never went back, hes taught our kids how to weld, how to fix cars, build things, all the things that the kid have jobs as (except 2nd dd shes a banker) wonderful husband,

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting debramommyof4:

No my hubby will jump in and help if i get frustrated. He saw the fight we had with public school last year. He agreed with homeschooling though I think he is a little nervous since I have been talking about homeschooling without k12.

I think my hubby is a little nervous about me talking about leaving k12 for middle school and high.

cjsix
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I've long since learned not to say anything that can be remotely construed as being frustrated with the kids or about them fussing with each other. To do so results in his going off on "Well if they were in school......yadayada..." Grrrrrr! Yea, we just learned to do our thing with school and leave him out of it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I'm sorry. That's got to be hard.

Quoting cjsix:

I've long since learned not to say anything that can be remotely construed as being frustrated with the kids or about them fussing with each other. To do so results in his going off on "Well if they were in school......yadayada..." Grrrrrr! Yea, we just learned to do our thing with school and leave him out of it.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I think I may depending on it fitting thier needs keep my 2 girls in k12 till middle school.  But middle school and highschool will not be with k12.  I dont think my younger 2 will ever do k12.  I think I will teach them on my own.  My kids have a say in thier education so if they decide to do public school in a building again then I will let them try as long as I find a school that will be willing and able to meet thier needs.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting debramommyof4:

I think my hubby is a little nervous about me talking about leaving k12 for middle school and high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)