Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im new!!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 17 Replies

Good morning!  I am a mom of 4girls 21,19, 18 and 5!! I will be home schooling my 5 yr old and this is new to me as all my others went to public school!  I live on the Gulf coast of Florida and looking to meet other moms of young home schoolers!!  I taught pre k for 8 years in a public school setting.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swim-mom72
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

WELCOME!! This is a great group of ladies. I'm hope you find it as helpful as I have.

My name is Crystal and this is our 6th year homeschooling. I have a 12 & 15 yo, both boys.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Good morning!  I'm a mom of 3 boys ages 3, 5, and 7.  I am currently homeschooling all of them.  There are many of us moms of young ones here in this group!  Welcome!

Blue

altmans6
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM

thank youso much!!!  Look forward to "meeting" you guys and learningand hopfully teach some as well!!!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I am a mom of 4 also. My kids are 6,5,3,and 2. We use k12 for the older 2 but my younger 2 I make up a curriculum.
TracyBryant
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
WELCOME

altmans6
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Thanks!!!  Have you always home schooled??? this is new to me but i am excited!!

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM

welcome altmans!! im debbie, my oldest kids are all graduated from our homeschool, and now im teaching 5 more 10,12, 13, 14,14 and way on the other side of the united states!

so are you all ready to start?

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Not sure who you were asking "Have you always homeschooled?" to, but I have not. Both of my kids started in public. They both went to a private classical academy, where they were in class 2 & 1/2 days and homeschooled the other 2 days, for a while. Then we brought them home to school them when my oldest was in 6th and youngest was in 3rd.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I have not always homeschooled.  We sent my oldest to public school, but it just wasn't a good fit for us.  I pulled him at Christmas of his 1st grade year.  We've decided not to bother sending our second son to public at all.  We don't agree with hand sanitizer and we eat only organic and mostly vegetarian, so it sets them apart as different immediately.  They are also not pushed enough in our local ps.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Quoting altmans6:

Thanks!!!  Have you always home schooled??? this is new to me but i am excited!!

No my oldest tried public kindergarten and both of my older girls went to preschool. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)