Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good morning!  I am a mom of 4girls 21,19, 18 and 5!! I will be home schooling my 5 yr old and this is new to me as all my others went to public school!  I live on the Gulf coast of Florida and looking to meet other moms of young home schoolers!!  I taught pre k for 8 years in a public school setting.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Replies (11-17):
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Welcome to the group!

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Welcome altmans6.  I thought you might want to check out the Florida Parent Educators Association's website. 

by Tamara on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Welcome! I'm Shannon and I HS my 2 boys. My eldest just turned 11 and has special needs (on the autism spectrum) and my youngest, 8, is a little tyrant! Lol. We've always HS'ed. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

You should check out your local HS association (you can do a google search) and YahooGroups for groups that meet up in your area.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by Sonja on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Hi altmans6! Welcome to our group!  

I'm Sonja and I homeschool 6 of 7.   16, 15,13,11,9,6,3.  I was homeschooling 7 but I just had my first graduate this past school year and am looking forward to hopefully graduating a second one this school year. 

Do you have any plans or ideas for how and what with, you would like to teach you kiddos? 

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Welcome! I am homeschooling a 2yo, 5yo, 7yo, 8yo, and 13yo.

We have not always homeschooled, my oldest was in public until 3rd grade when we moved from an excellent school system in Georgia, to a horrible school system in Washington. 

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Welcome! I am hs my 12 yo son, daughters aged 17,19,22 are out of hs now. Yes, we have always homeschooled, k through graduation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN