Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well, it broke my heart today but Ds is officially enrolled in public high school.

I think I've mentioned it here that he REALLY wanted into the robotics and engineering program at the local high school. We missed the district cut-off date but due to being homeschoolers they let him submit the application.

School starts Monday and I JUST got notification at 3:20 pm today @@  it took me calling EVERY day this week. Finally Thursday the Principal says, "I would take him but need approval from the Distrtict.I will call the District and get back to you today (Thurs)."

No word from him so I called the District today.. She  said she hadn't heard from the school if they would accept him or not but that Mr. R had left her a message, they are playing phone tag." @@ She finally decided from my info and the phone tag that she would write up the acceptance letter... YEAH!! (Well, sort of!)

As I pulled into the driveway, i got a call from Mr. R saying he finally got ahold of the District lady and he understood I had been to her office and gotten the letter.. LOL and he welcomed us and went over everything I need to get him set up Monday :) I felt really good after talking to him.

Then,as I was hanging up from Mr. R the District lady called back and confirmed that she confirmed it with Mr. R... LOL..and that she wishes DS the best of luck...

I have to remind myself this is DS's experience and it might be WONDERFUL compared to my experiences. It KILLED me to work so hard for something I really DONT want to happen, but DS wanted it so badly, and I believe he's of an age to have a say in the decision as long as it benefits him.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Replies (11-14):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Thanks ladies! I called one of my best friends yesterday and said, "you gotta tell me it is going to be ok!"...She homeschooled her oldest 2 girls and has done both homeschool and ublic with her kids.

It will be ok :) DS will be fine. The younger two will get more of my attention. He is getting to spread his wings in a controlled way and we have a backup if needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Keep us posted on how it goes! My 12 yr old son is asking about going to ps for high school for some specialized programs in science.

How was the paperwork to get him in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
The paperwork wasn't bad...to get him into the school..it was a one page transfer request and then proof of residence (2 bills), and vaccinations record.

However, we got a call yesterday from the robotics & engineering coodinator, its a job interview process to get him in the program. He has to fill out an application, turn in a resume, do an interview with the directors, and submit a letter of reference from an adult that knows and has worked with him. He will probably use a Scoutmaster that we know.

Quoting awilliams77:

Keep us posted on how it goes! My 12 yr old son is asking about going to ps for high school for some specialized programs in science.

How was the paperwork to get him in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

*hugs* I wish him the best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN