Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

anyone else have insomnia thinking about activities and such for homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post
The closer I get to beginning the school year homeschooling the more excited and more insomnia I have thinking about it. I keep createing list after list after list of things I need or should say want to get still. And some final touches on the classroom. But I am getting really excited! Like really. It is 3:30 where I live and I am wide awake. Anyone else up too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Replies (11-18):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Quoting Boobah:

I've been able to sleep most the time, but my mind does go constantly thinking of what I need and want to do.

I'm the same.
tinkerspell
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM
me too only its how.to homeachool with a 6 week old and a 19 month old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

i dont get insomnia, i love starting another school year!

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM
I am always thinking about schooling! I am a blog stalker too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM
It's not insomnia keeping me up, it's the 4 week old that doesn't go to sleep til 3 am. But I spend much of the time thinking, planning, and reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilentDraconia
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:11 AM
I slept 2-3 hours last night. I know I have stuff pretty well sorted but you still get the what If factor. I do my own curriculum (with help from others. And blogs) but still I just can't stop thing about what I could have missed. This is my first official year teaching 2. My youngest is officially starting kindergarten today my oldest 3-4. He's advanced. And I'm preggers. Soooo. We start today. Time for mommy shower then start bkft and wake the boys. My oldest knows the drill lol this is his 3rd year at home. So hoping it won't be to bad because the youngest has always been a step behind. Luck to all you ladies!!!!! Biiiiig hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I'm not a homeschooler, I teach in a trqaditional school.  However I know SO many other teachers like this.  You are not alone.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I'm going through the same thing. Last night I was up at 1 am thinking about schedules. My state has required time it has to be 5+ hours and required courses. I have nobody to talk to around here that really knows. It's hard, when I did my letter intent I put August 29 and I feel a lot of pressure and that I keep obsessing over it. I try to relax but I always think I'm forgetting something. One thing that is helpful is when I read something that is encouraging. Well keep your head up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN