Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Getting our portfolio reviewed today.

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM
  • 23 Replies
Im nervous! And the assessor is my cousin, though I think that is why I'm nervous. she is a public school teacher and I want her to feel like I'm doing a good job. Our portfolio is lacking because most of what we do is read living books, spend time outside and in real life, and our math was done in sheet protectors, so I dont have any examples besides a couple pictures.
It shouldnt worry me, but it does. Just because my family all thinks I'm weird already, so I don't want to give them any reason to be against hs. (my parents are supportive)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh!  It'll work out.  You are doing a good job!  I recently had a cousin that ranted on fb about how everyone in the family was all judgy and she was pretty much mad at the world.  I told her that the only thing you can do in this world is be who you are and speak your truth.  If your family has a problem with you or your lifestyle, that's on them.  You are only here for a little while, don't bend yourself to fit another's mold, be who you were made to be. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM

GOOD LUCK!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Let us know how it goes!

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Good luck I hope it goes well!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Just for the future, I would probably do one page of math on regular paper, maybe every 2 weeks or so..just to give yourself some support.

That's what we did last year with my son's ALEKs math that was all on-line. Once every 2 weeks I printed out a worksheet for him.

Good luck with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Aug. 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Good Luck! Update us please. :)
oredeb
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM

is your cousin ok with homeschooling?

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I would completely stress about being assessed, but it's great that you were able to get you're cousin to do it!
swim-mom72
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

GOOD LUCK!

Next year, take lots of photos of your activities and add them to your portfolio, that is what I did when we had to portfolio. Also, you can record them reading to you. I would also do a timed reading assesment at the start of the year and at the end of the year to add to the portfolio.

Adding journal pages, drawings and art projects (or photos of them) are more ways to beef up a portfolio.

oredeb
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

How'd it go nikki?????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)