Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

bye bye budget :-(

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 12 Replies
My budget went to hell today. Took the car in to patch a tire and walked out $733.60 later with new tires. Knowing that would happen, I would not have spent $144 an hour earlier on a new digital camera. Ugh!!!!!!! Luckily all the curriculum is purchased but I have quite a few more supplies to get...oh well, I can buy weekly as we go, I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I know what that's like, had things like this happen more than once.  It seems like I'm always living week to week.  Hope everything works out soon!

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

We have all been there!

Shari55
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM

It is a bummer, however we all have been there or are still there, as I sit here thinking of what is going out and what can we save this pay period...

Also reading this makes me so glad we don't have a car...that amount is what I spend on curriculum a year. Think of the digital camera as a school supply, then it won't hurt as much.

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

chlippr77
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

This last pay period has been like that for us.... I keep a "cushion" in our checking account (every month I round one bill that's  automatically withdrawn up to the next $100 and never fix it, so the cushion grows every by like $25 every month), so that I don't need to worry in case of emergency, but this pay period, it's pretty much gone.  In fact as I type this I am praying that I didn't forget to mark down anything.  DH's paycheck should be in by 8 in the morning....

oredeb
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

awwwwwwwww

start collecting bottles and cans!!!

mrs.musquiz
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM

well, you could return the camera.

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM

This is why I balance my checkbook the way that I do.  It helps me have a cushion to shove into savings.  You could return the camera like another mom suggested so that you feel less guilty.  Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time, but we have all been there.  I just worked out my new budget with ALL of my new medical expenses.  I had a surgery that my insurance wouldn't cover b/c my benefits were exhausted.  I will strapped for the next 15 mos or so as I pay off those bills--I will barely have enough to cover the cost of medical insurance that doesn't cover anything to begin with.

BramblePatch
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I had opened it in my excitement...loaded the battery and card and snapped pictures of the sheep in the highway.

Quoting mrs.musquiz:

well, you could return the camera.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobooger
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM
This is why I hate mechanics! My nieghbor works for a car part delivery warehouse so I have started buying the parts myself and finding a mechanic out of work who will fisx for cheaper, u wouldn't believe how they overprice just for parts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobooger
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Plus they usually take advantage of women
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN