Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: My DHs mishap with screw gun..contains pics so don't open if you have a very weak stomach

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 22 Replies

My husband is putting up vinyl siding this week on a job.  Well, from what I understand he was pre-drilling using his drill.  He was using a phillips head.  Anyway, it slipped and went into his finger (the one that was holding the board  up).  This is what it looked like last night.

The white you see is his fingernail under the skin. 

It did go through his finger though.  It went in at an angle and there is a small place on the other side of his finger (as shown in picture below).  Because of the angle we are pretty sure that it probably scraped his bone.  It is very swollen this morning and it is kind of blue.  We figure it is from it hitting the bone.

He may have to go ahead and get a tetna shot.  It has been about 7 years since he had one..

My poor baby.  He said it is still numb too..

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixydustmommy
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Owwwwww!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM

YOUCH!  I hate when those thigs happen!

Lucky it wasn't more serious. Hope it heals fast!

My dog bit me last week. We were playing with a too-small stick (my bad) and she chomped the stick and got my finger with it- It looked pretty similar to that.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Poor DH... did you kiss him better?

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Quoting AllofFive19:

Poor DH... did you kiss him better?

But of course!! lol.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

YOUCH!  I hate when those thigs happen!

Lucky it wasn't more serious. Hope it heals fast!

My dog bit me last week. We were playing with a too-small stick (my bad) and she chomped the stick and got my finger with it- It looked pretty similar to that.

OUCH!!  I know that had to hurt.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM

ahh husbands , my husband was at work one day he had to drill something above his head something happend he droped the drill right down on top of his head, cut his head open it was bad he should have had stitchs but he wouldnt. Then a few months later he an another guy was putting windows in just so happen to be a big bay windown the other guys was hammering somthing in the frame busted the glass the glass came down on my husband who was below the bottowm of the window, sliced his arm up right at the crease of the elbow again should have had stitches but didnt lol he is self contracted so the hospital bill would have come out of pocket which we dont have lol.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM

OH I hate when my hubby comes to me with injuries like that. He is always so calm & collected like it is no big deal & then I see it & think how is he not freaking out over this!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Oww! Not fun.  I bet he looses his finger nail. And that is no fun to see.  My husband did something to his hand about 2 months ago and watching him loose his nail as the other one grew in was gross.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

ahh husbands , my husband was at work one day he had to drill something above his head something happend he droped the drill right down on top of his head, cut his head open it was bad he should have had stitchs but he wouldnt. Then a few months later he an another guy was putting windows in just so happen to be a big bay windown the other guys was hammering somthing in the frame busted the glass the glass came down on my husband who was below the bottowm of the window, sliced his arm up right at the crease of the elbow again should have had stitches but didnt lol he is self contracted so the hospital bill would have come out of pocket which we dont have lol.

Yeah, my husband works under self employment also and we don't have insurance.  The homeowner does though and told him that if he needed to go to the dr just let her know.  She is an RN and looked at it this morning.  She said it looked ok but she did doctor it really good..lol.  She said just to watch it for staph infection.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting usmom3:

OH I hate when my hubby comes to me with injuries like that. He is always so calm & collected like it is no big deal & then I see it & think how is he not freaking out over this!

Yeah I hate it too.  His first really bad injury took place about 7 years ago.  He cut his thumb.  He had to have stitches that time because it would not quit bleeding and it was so deep.

One time he had hold to the towel bar when he was getting out of the shower.  The bar fell with him and he hit his head on the bar holder...

His head was pouring blood.  But he would not go to the doctor to get stitches..lol.  We were getting ready to go on vacation that morning also..lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN