Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: My DHs mishap with screw gun..contains pics so don't open if you have a very weak stomach

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband is putting up vinyl siding this week on a job.  Well, from what I understand he was pre-drilling using his drill.  He was using a phillips head.  Anyway, it slipped and went into his finger (the one that was holding the board  up).  This is what it looked like last night.

The white you see is his fingernail under the skin. 

It did go through his finger though.  It went in at an angle and there is a small place on the other side of his finger (as shown in picture below).  Because of the angle we are pretty sure that it probably scraped his bone.  It is very swollen this morning and it is kind of blue.  We figure it is from it hitting the bone.

He may have to go ahead and get a tetna shot.  It has been about 7 years since he had one..

My poor baby.  He said it is still numb too..

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (21-22):
bether89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Ouch!

TarotMommy
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH hit a main artery with his last mishap with a screw gun. Kotex worked real well to stop the blood flow! Lol! He's done construction for over 30 years so that was just a lil boo boo to him. I nearly passed out though. Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)