Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

anyone in Missouri?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
My SIL and brother may be moving to Missouri with their 6 girls. They are currently doing k12 and it is not offered our there. So she is looking into the homeschool laws for there. She said she is having trouble finding them. And that they seem to be very vague.
Any advice?
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Pass on this link from HSLDA regarding homeschool requirements in MO: http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Missouri.pdf

They do require you to keep a log or plan book of subjects and activities, a portfolio of work, and a record of progress. While you don't need to submit these records to anyone, they're recommended as a defense against prosecution or accusations of educational neglect.

A letter of intent is not required and HSLDA recommends not filing one at all because the information is public.

Where are they moving? We just moved from the west side of STL county just over the river into IL, but still in the STL area.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Pass on this link from HSLDA regarding homeschool requirements in MO: http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Missouri.pdf

They do require you to keep a log or plan book of subjects and activities, a portfolio of work, and a record of progress. While you don't need to submit these records to anyone, they're recommended as a defense against prosecution or accusations of educational neglect.

A letter of intent is not required and HSLDA recommends not filing one at all because the information is public.

Where are they moving? We just moved from the west side of STL county just over the river into IL, but still in the STL area.

Thanks. That is also what I found but the last paragraph confused me. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :) she will be glad to know she doesnt have to notify.
romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

There are two rather large Missouri State Home School Associations.  They are usually most helpful with such matters if you give them a call: . state Home School Associations In Missouri

krazymama4
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
i am in mo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN