Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Spin off of the craft post....hands on activities (any subject).

Posted by   + Show Post

I love when we give eachother a little peek into each of our homeschooling lives. I think great inspiration can come from sharring ideas.

So, let's see them! Post and links or photos showing us some of the fun hands on activities you all have done in the past.

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Replies (11-15):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I can't post pics from my iPad :( but I have them on my blog...

Last year we mummified a GI Joe - http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/search?q=Mummies

We also built a model of the Nile river, I'm still searching for pics. I used an aluminum cake pan and aluminum pool/plastic wrap to make the river bed. Then we used potting soil,river stones and even grass seeds. It came out super cool. We also built a model pyramid and great wall of china.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

I can't post pics from my iPad :( but I have them on my blog...

Last year we mummified a GI Joe - http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/search?q=Mummies

We also built a model of the Nile river, I'm still searching for pics. I used an aluminum cake pan and aluminum pool/plastic wrap to make the river bed. Then we used potting soil,river stones and even grass seeds. It came out super cool. We also built a model pyramid and great wall of china.

We did the Nile model a couple of years ago! It turned out pretty cool.

swim-mom72
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Quoting TarotMommy:

Thanks swim-mom72!

Do tell about the edible cell for science! It does look like a fun and yummy project. Your youngest is a cutie. The pics are of my youngest, too.

Thanks!

We were using Apologia Anat. & Phys. last year. The project said to use a light color gelatin, but green is what my son wanted, so we went with that. Once the jello had been in the fridge about an hour, to where it was only part way solid, we added cell "parts." We used various candy to represent the different parts of a cell.

TarotMommy
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Cool, thanks!

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting TarotMommy:

Thanks swim-mom72!

Do tell about the edible cell for science! It does look like a fun and yummy project. Your youngest is a cutie. The pics are of my youngest, too.

Thanks!

We were using Apologia Anat. & Phys. last year. The project said to use a light color gelatin, but green is what my son wanted, so we went with that. Once the jello had been in the fridge about an hour, to where it was only part way solid, we added cell "parts." We used various candy to represent the different parts of a cell.

mommytobooger
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM

what is crayon rub?how do you make it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)