Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can you plant a bean sprout project once it has bloomed?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son will be heart broken if we just throw out his bean sprout project. Can I plant it in a pot of soil for him to take care of. Has any one ever done this with theirs.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeaHound
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM
I haven't done it, but I would try it for my kid's sake.
U might check in a gardening group or Advice for Moms.
:-) hope it works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

yes plant it!!! i do it every spring!!!

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Yes! Just make sure you have a fence or something for the bean to cling to. They grow very tall. (Depending on the type of bean you choose.)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Fun! I didnt think about planting it once it sprouted lol! What kind of bean are you growing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjp2707
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Lima bean

Quoting Boobah:

Fun! I didnt think about planting it once it sprouted lol! What kind of bean are you growing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjp2707
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
We did a Lima bean. I guess I need to research what it takes to grow.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Yes! Just make sure you have a fence or something for the bean to cling to. They grow very tall. (Depending on the type of bean you choose.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

just plant it in some soil it will grow, its like growing green beans, do you know if its a bush or a vine? they take about 70 days till you can pick em! and they like full sun if possible

Quoting mjp2707:

Quoting AllofFive19:

mjp2707
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM
From what I read online we have a vine. My mom has a awesome garden. She and michael are going to go out and plant the bean sprout there. My mom seems to have a green thumb. So hopefully she can grow it and Michael can follow the process.

Quoting oredeb:

just plant it in some soil it will grow, its like growing green beans, do you know if its a bush or a vine? they take about 70 days till you can pick em! and they like full sun if possible

Quoting mjp2707:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarotMommy
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Yes, the bean spout can be transplanted. My son's did well last year. He also planted (started by seed) some other things that turned out very well. We're gardening people and he enjoyed his very own plants that were his sole responsibility. His greatest accomplishment were the black cherry tomatoes. Yummy! His gourds were cool, too. :)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yeah mine grew till the kids forgot about them.  As long as you dont break the roots it should be good to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)