Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Told my son

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

So our son had previously been going to school at a montessori over the past year while I was working, recently having quit my job and deciding that we do not like the public school options around here my Husband and I talked about me homeschooling, well yesterday we decided to tell our son that Mommy was going to be his new teacher and that he would be having school at home.

He is SOOOOOOO thrilled! he woke me up at 7 this morning to ask me if school was starting yet and what we were going to learn today. I told him that today he was going to help me get some supplies and that  we are going to work on reading and learing about a special bug ( i found a praying manits on my husband's motorcycle yesterday and took some pictures so we can look at them online.) I was thinking of making a lifecycle poster with him since I have hatched them before.. maybe I will order an egg case online and we can hatch our own!

I was really worried he might not take to the idea of home school since he really loves school. I guess since to him school is school now he just gets to be the center of attention which he loves :) However I think this means that I should have been slightly more prepared to start school before I told him.. I needed like a week to get this all sorted out haha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats great he is happy,turn the trip for supplies into a field trip & maybe go to the library & get books & videos about praying mantises.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

That is awesome.  Now to think on your feet.  I am sure you can get praying mantis eggs somewhere.  I know you can get caterpillers and ladybugs and tadpoles (just be careful with the tadpoles, make sure they are found in your area) all online.  They are fun to watch grow.

oredeb
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

yea!!! thats great!! good idea about the mantis, the weekend is coming! sort it out then!hahahaha moms have to think fast!

MrsKitchens25
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Well I made a work sheet ( he loves them) that is a chart of the lifecycle for him to color. I also found a color and cut project that makes him his own mantis. Then we are going to talk about hatching the mantis with hubby first lol but I think the bug was a hit.. of course it was he is a boy! I am thinking next week is going to be ocean themed since we are taking him to the aquarium for his birthday on saturday :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN