Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

You're not missing anything...

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

Unfortunately ds7 had to go to a private school this year because I have to finish clinicals and can't afford a sitter, and I'm homeschooling ds6 which is like the equivalent of 10 kids.  It's only day 7 and I'm already sick of it.  The school is actually really good but I can't stand all the homework they get!  I picked him up at 3 and with the amount of homework he has, he will have time for a short break then spend the rest of the night doing homework and reading.  Reading, 1 math sheet, 1 language arts sheet and 2 cursive handwriting sheets.  WHAT is the POINT of school if you aren't going to do all the teaching there?!?!?!?!  

frustrated

On that note - if someone would like to donate money so I can send him to a sitter, please do.  ;) wink

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I dont understand that much homework for such a young child.  It makes no sense to me.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM
What makes it more aggrivating is that its stuff he knows so its a waste of time and pointless.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I dont understand that much homework for such a young child.  It makes no sense to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

awwwwwwww

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

That makes me mad when they do that.  I talked to the teacher when my dd6 was in public school and asked if she had to have homework if I could give her something more diffucult.  There is no need for our kids to do things they already know. 

Quoting rsrangel:

What makes it more aggrivating is that its stuff he knows so its a waste of time and pointless.

Quoting debramommyof4:

RheaF
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I wish I could help ya out in some way. Unfortunatly, that is part of the life of a public/private schooled kid. I remember in high school, sitting up till midnight finishing homework.

Danielle163
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Sheer craziness.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Did the teacher agree to that?

Quoting debramommyof4:

That makes me mad when they do that.  I talked to the teacher when my dd6 was in public school and asked if she had to have homework if I could give her something more diffucult.  There is no need for our kids to do things they already know. 

Quoting rsrangel:

Quoting debramommyof4:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Yes she did.  She also let me send workbooks for her incase she got bored in class, so she could work at her own level.  But my dd was very disruptive when she was bored.  I know me talking to her everyday and being aware of my childs needs helped her come to the decision. 

I also wrote her a note detailing my dd6's accomplishments by age and her strengths and weaknesses.  I did this because she was reading and adding and subtracting without pictures for almost a year before kindergarten.  I dont know is she is gifted to this day I havent had her tested yet.  But it helped the teacher see more what she needed.  They also let her go up sometimes to first grade reading, but she had to remember and watch the time.  If she was late she couldnt go.  The teacher didnt tell her when it was time.

Quoting rsrangel:

Did the teacher agree to that?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Seriously, in the time it takes to do all the homework, you're spending the same amount of time as if you were homeschooling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Quoting Boobah:

Seriously, in the time it takes to do all the homework, you're spending the same amount of time as if you were homeschooling.

Lol, that's what I was gonna say!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)