Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I made a post awhile back about Scholastic, wondering if I could have a teacher's account since I'm homeschooling. Well, I called today and got it all setup, switched from my parent account to a teacher account. They officially recognize homeschoolers now (not sure if they did in the past) so it's not as hard to do, but you do have to talk to someone over the phone and answer a few simple questions.

Here is the number you can call to setup the account. If you have an active parent account, tell them you want to switch.

1-800-497-8291

"I researched your user name (xxxxxxxxx), and we are happy to establish a Book Club account for you if you are a teacher at a public, private, parochial, or charter school or if you are home schooling your child (kindergarten and above)."

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Replies (11-18):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I think I had a parent acct because it was free, or you could set up a partial acct free, or something. I can't remember how much it cost to have a teacher acct, but I remember it was the one thing that held me back.
thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Quoting KickButtMama:

I think I had a parent acct because it was free, or you could set up a partial acct free, or something. I can't remember how much it cost to have a teacher acct, but I remember it was the one thing that held me back.

Nothing I see indicates that you have to pay for the account. You even earn bonuses. Last night I made an order over $20 and I got an $15 in free books. Plus earned bonus points.

Of course, you could be talking about the Scholastic Store, which is a separate entity from the Book Club.

WantedNameTaken
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Awesome!  I just called to make the switch from parent account to teacher account.  Still waiting for the system to update.  Thanks for sharing!

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting WantedNameTaken:

Awesome!  I just called to make the switch from parent account to teacher account.  Still waiting for the system to update.  Thanks for sharing!

I talked to someone separately after that to make sure it did. I wasn't sure if it would or not, but if it does, let me know.

WantedNameTaken
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting thatgirl70:

Quoting WantedNameTaken:

I talked to someone separately after that to make sure it did. I wasn't sure if it would or not, but if it does, let me know.

It worked!  So happy!!!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Bummer.... We're preschool here
sheila5745
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Quoting thatgirl70:

I made a post awhile back about Scholastic, wondering if I could have a teacher's account since I'm homeschooling. Well, I called today and got it all setup, switched from my parent account to a teacher account. They officially recognize homeschoolers now (not sure if they did in the past) so it's not as hard to do, but you do have to talk to someone over the phone and answer a few simple questions.

Here is the number you can call to setup the account. If you have an active parent account, tell them you want to switch.

1-800-497-8291

"I researched your user name (xxxxxxxxx), and we are happy to establish a Book Club account for you if you are a teacher at a public, private, parochial, or charter school or if you are home schooling your child (kindergarten and above)."

love your picture, so cute.. How much was the account? Thanks,

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Quoting sheila5745:

Quoting thatgirl70:

1-800-497-8291

love your picture, so cute.. How much was the account? Thanks,

It's free. You just pay for the books that you order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN