Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is a good tablet for a 6 year old?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter is wanting a tablet for Christmas this year.  Yes, I am already thinking about Christmas, especially with three kids to buy for...lol

I have heard that iPads are great, but they are really alot more than I want to pay, especially for a 6 year old (she turns 6 in October,so she will just barely be 6 by Christmas).

I want something that can be used for educational purposes also.  I really know absolutely nothing about the tablets.  She wants one that she can download games to play.  I want one that will help her writing, maybe help teach her music, etc.

I am looking at the leappad.  While I know it is not nearly as good as the "adult" tablets, does anyone think that this would be a good start?  I know that you can use it to help with writing skills.  I believe the new one also teaches some music. 

Thanks.

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I want to get my girls either a leappad or vtech makes one.  They are very simalar the leapfrog one has a few things that the the vtech one doesnt.  There are some great reviews out about them.

oredeb
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

hahaha i thought you meant a handwriting tablet!!! hahahahahaa

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I was looking at walmart.com for tablets and came across the nabi2 tablet.  It is made for kids.  It has parental control and it has very good reviews.  It is 200.00.  So, I am going to really research this tablet.  It has a lot of games and you can download stuff from the Amazon app store.

This sounds really cool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN