Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

TYCTR in 100 easy lessons

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

I may have asked this before.. I can't remember.  But I am reconsidering.. again TYCTR in 100 easy lessons.  I had originally decided on McRuffy press but after talking to a local homeschool mom today and hearing her glowing recommendation of it as well as reading some other reviews I am thinking about it again.  The cost and simplicity is tempting and I would use it in combination with bob books and possibly ETC.  Does anyone have any thoughts on it? Or McRuffy Press for that matter? This is for a Kindergarten student

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by Mel on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM

We are doing the TYCTR in 100 easy lessons.

It was highly reccomended by many previous homeschoolers in my church.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM

We tried it with our DD & she hated the repetition!

awilliams77
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I used 100 easy lessons and 3 out of 4 of my children learned to read with it. Last one "got it" halfway through and we discontinued it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I think you know what my opinion is going to be ;) lol. It has worked great with my kids and the price is amazing. As one of the pp mentioned the repetition can get old, so we skip some of it toward the end of the book. Once they start to get bored they have usually got it. (I have heard that from a few moms)
oredeb
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM

go for it channel!!! ive heard lots of good about teach your children to read in 100 easy lessons!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I got it from the library. While my son wouldn't have been able to sit through it, I thought it explained *how* to teach reading, really, really well.

Channell07
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Thanks, all! I think I may give it a try.  It can't hurt to try it and if it doesn't work just resell it and buy the curriculm that I had intended on.  The distar kind of throws me off but we'll see how it goes!  Sad thing is that I am half way through my masters to teach reading and would feel ok going into a classroom with the support of other teachers but just feel lost at home.. That's terrible isn't it?!

tinkerspell
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM
May I ask what yoh ladiss are talking about please
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting tinkerspell:

May I ask what yoh ladiss are talking about please

It took me a second but they are talking about Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  I have hear it was good.  We liked Sing, Spell, Read and Write. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM

hey channell, you can teach him!! ive not had any kind of schooling and have taught at least 8 kids to read!

like mem said, maybe check the library for the book, we even have it in ours

Quoting Channell07:

Thanks, all! I think I may give it a try.  It can't hurt to try it and if it doesn't work just resell it and buy the curriculm that I had intended on.  The distar kind of throws me off but we'll see how it goes!  Sad thing is that I am half way through my masters to teach reading and would feel ok going into a classroom with the support of other teachers but just feel lost at home.. That's terrible isn't it?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN