Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Toothfairy's coming tonight (OT)

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

Tonight the toothfairy is coming for my 8-year old's tooth. Do your (older)kids still believe in the toothfairy?

Just two days ago I had asked my 9-year old if he still believed in the toothfairy and he said, "Well, ya, of course!" So I prodded...

"What if another kid tells you the toothfairy isn't real?"

"I wouldn't believe him."

"What if they tease you because you believe in the toothfairy?"

"Well, I'll just tell him that I can believe in the toothfairy if I want, and he can not believe if he wants."

"What if they tell you that it's your Mom and Dad who are the toothfairy?"

"Well, I'll tell them that they are wrong."

"What if it IS your Mom and Dad who are the toothfairy?"

"Well, that's their secret identity and I wouldn't want to expose that."

I don't mind my kids believing in the toothfairy. They can believe for as long as they want. I don't even remember when I stopped believing in the toothfairy. 

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

LOL

My son is 7 and still believes. I admit that the toothfairy has forgotten several times in our house. She is very, very, sleep deprived. hahaha It doesn't seem to bother the kids.

Shari55
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is great that your children still believe, it is sad that in our society that children have to grow up so fast. 

Shari, not just a wife, mom, grandma, I teach our future generations

oredeb
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

awwww cute!!!

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh thank heavens! I thought I was the only one! I tell them that she may have been busy, but she will come the next night... A couple of times I have snuck the money downstairs AFTER they awoke and then said, "Oh, did you get the money from the toothfairy?" "I checked under my pillow and I didn't have any." "Well, check again, maybe you just didn't see it." (MAN, IM SO HORRID!)

Quoting mem82:

LOL

My son is 7 and still believes. I admit that the toothfairy has forgotten several times in our house. She is very, very, sleep deprived. hahaha It doesn't seem to bother the kids.

WildatHeart918
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

In my house when the tooth fairy forgets we often blame it on tooth placement, if that tooth is anywhere other than direct center under the pillow she might not know it's there ;)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHAH Yep! Oh, and our dog has gotten blamed for scaring her away. I'm so bad!

Quoting WildatHeart918:

In my house when the tooth fairy forgets we often blame it on tooth placement, if that tooth is anywhere other than direct center under the pillow she might not know it's there ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)