Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This week

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

Since My son is 5 and that is considered Kindergarden age here in Cali we dont follow any set curriculum we go with what we are doing that week or what topic seems most interesting to him. This saturday is his birthday and we are taking him to the aquarium of the pacific, so our theme for this week is the ocean :) I am super excited about this week and have tons of fun planned to end with our trip to the aquarium and beach :) Do any of you other mom's do themed weeks? I have a feeling it is going to work really well for my guy :) I will let yall know how it goes through out the week :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I do themes, too, and units if there is a lot of material to cover. 8)

oredeb
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds great!!!!  i wana know how it goes!! pictures!!

have you seeen this site, it has a neat ocean theme, and you can print out a ocean back ground to color and put on the wall and fishes etc  http://www.learningpage.com/   you have to join i believe to see the stuff but its worth it, and free, and theres math stuff, handwritng stuff, reading etc! one of those sites ive kept for years

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
We were the Aquarium of the Pacific a couple weeks ago...it was fun!

We have done theme weeks in the past. It can be a lot of fun.

This year I'm doing artists and composers. I'm going to alternate weekly and then at the end of the year we will go to the Norton Simon museum, Getty Museum, Disney Concert hall (via metrolink) and the Hollywood Bowl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKitchens25
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

That site seems great I am getting a huge list of sites to check out. Thanks for the tip and I will definately take lots of pictures :)

Quoting oredeb:

sounds great!!!!  i wana know how it goes!! pictures!!

have you seeen this site, it has a neat ocean theme, and you can print out a ocean back ground to color and put on the wall and fishes etc  http://www.learningpage.com/   you have to join i believe to see the stuff but its worth it, and free, and theres math stuff, handwritng stuff, reading etc! one of those sites ive kept for years

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN