Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Big "UNschool" day tomorrow!! :) While all the PS head back to school WE are......

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

Heading to my MOMS POOL! We are have chocolate chip pancakes and bacon (the kids choice ;) for breakfast, swimming in her pool all day, followed by MOVIES (if it rains I have Mirror Mirror and The Smurfs) and Pizza and these AWESOME cookies for Lunch!! I cant wait.....but the kids are MORE excited!! LOL Oh the FREEDOM of homeschooling :D

Do YOU have any first day of Public school traditions in your homeschool?

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds amazing!

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

We don't have any, but yours sounds amazing.  We are currently dealing with an injury that has to be splinted so we will be looking for fun stuff to do w/o being to active.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Sounds great! I need to plan something for our first "official" school day. Our PS is already back in session.

momof030404
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM

We have had major car problems this summer that have kept us home and away from the beaches! So we started school early. Officially it was last Monday. We have been doing school work a LOT this summer, to keep us busy AND to plan that when we GOT our cars in order we would have days under our belts to be able to have some free time! This has been a plan of mine for WEEKS. I have gotten plenty of flack this summer for "already doing school"!

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
We are having a NOT BACK TO SCHOOL party :) I have to make the cupcakes tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Tomorrow is our first day back. We always send out for pizza. I don't think it is going to be warm enough here to jump in the backyard pool. All the HEAT finally left us!LOL

snowangel1979
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM
We just started but I'm planning on doing something fun the day the public school starts. September 4th.
I was thinking about going to the park or something. We never go to parks, there really is not any close. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM

This is our first year HS.  But the boys are very glad to see all their friends head back and they get to stay at home...lol.

We will officially start Wednesday and we are going to do something special.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM
That sounds so much fun! LO is three and doesn't get the distinction yet, so we won't be doing anything out of the norm. However, on what would have been the first day of his senior year at public school, ODS and I went shopping, perused the bookstore, and went for pizza at his favorite place. We practically had every place to ourselves, because most kids were at school.

My little sister is moving into town this week to start college (full ride; she's a smarty pants, too!), and ODS has been taking online college classes all along. He told her he has the flexibility to work around her schedule because he's still "homeschooling." LOL! They have plans to meet up on the first day of her classes and celebrate. So, I guess they're marking the first day of college classes, too. (BTW, they were born in the same month in the same year.)
oredeb
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

hahahah momof!! fun fun fun!

and no publlic school traditions in our homeschool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)