Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Big "UNschool" day tomorrow!! :) While all the PS head back to school WE are......

Posted by   + Show Post

Heading to my MOMS POOL! We are have chocolate chip pancakes and bacon (the kids choice ;) for breakfast, swimming in her pool all day, followed by MOVIES (if it rains I have Mirror Mirror and The Smurfs) and Pizza and these AWESOME cookies for Lunch!! I cant wait.....but the kids are MORE excited!! LOL Oh the FREEDOM of homeschooling :D

Do YOU have any first day of Public school traditions in your homeschool?

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Replies (11-14):
lucsch
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Our first day back is today. We just dived right into school. Actually, officially, it is day 7, as we did a zoo camp over the summer and a field trip to Connor Prairie. We'll take some days off here and there this year, since we are ahead. We follow my dh's school schedule. They started today, too. He's a principal at a public school..

My son went back to public school last Tuesday, so for my daughter, she's had a whole week of still having summer break while the local public school was already in session! Of course, my son, who will be graduated, will likely get out school earlier than she will.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We unschool/child lead learning So we don't have an official start day but I love the idea of having a party to celebrate our freedom from the government school!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

We don't start until September. We don't have any traditions either. We do what fits best that day or that week or that month.  

undefined

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

We go out to eat for lunch on the public school's first day just so that people can look at us like we are escaped monkeys from the zoo. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN