Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What are you doing today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (11-15):
oredeb
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

you must be in washingtonn or idaho, if your talking about smoke! we are in the same way here in oregon, we are getting it from washington and here and i do see a bit of blue sky!

Quoting BramblePatch:

We went to the toy store to get beeswax crayons, hit the grocery store, went to the tack and feed to buy DD a new equestrian helmet, hit the hardware store for birdfeed...made it home for lunch....kids played outside ALL afternoon...its our first semi smoke free day in nearly two

BramblePatch
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I am in Idaho....between the Halstead Fire and the Trinity Ridge Fire, its been horrible. I have not needed my inhaler for 4+ years until last week. We had to cancel a hiking trip and left a camping trip early.

Quoting oredeb:

you must be in washingtonn or idaho, if your talking about smoke! we are in the same way here in oregon, we are getting it from washington and here and i do see a bit of blue sky!

Quoting BramblePatch:

We went to the toy store to get beeswax crayons, hit the grocery store, went to the tack and feed to buy DD a new equestrian helmet, hit the hardware store for birdfeed...made it home for lunch....kids played outside ALL afternoon...its our first semi smoke free day in nearly two

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Not bad! Not bad at all! I didn't do my baking because I just felt...ugh. I don't like baking on the best of days and today was already jammed.

But hey! I got new words! On the wrong story, but whatever. *gg*

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Pay bills.

Set up lessons and expectations for the week.

Finish slush pile reading.

Write.

Grocery shopping since I didn't hit the commissary last week.

Bake layers for Chocolate Raspberry Cake that we're having tomorrow.

Dinner? No clue yet. We ended up with pizza.

Dinner tomorrow - pan fried tilapia. Sides TBD later.

Make menu for the week.

Call Oberweiss about milk delivery.

Call middle school about DS's pin # for lunch.

Finish making cross-stitch design.

ETA: Just got two more stories to read from publisher that require fast turnaround. I'll turn them by Wed. Finished reading them. Will write my notes and return them tomorrow.

ETA again: Make that four more stories. But only the first two need a quick flip.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:29 AM

We talked to our 9-year old about why he has to do things he doesn't want to do. That yes, he does have his own life, but his life is also tied to the family and as a member of this family he needs to do 3 things, 1. Be respectful and responsible. 2. School work and 3. Housework.

We went to my parents' house and I didn't do near anything that I wanted to do for housework over there. I went shopping with DH for everything BUT food. We helped the kids with their school work for the day. DH went to work. I went to the cemetary with my mom to help her look for a few people.

Came home, went downstairs and cleaned that, fed the cats and cared for them, got on the net, wrote a few posts in my new blog, did some cat food and dog food research, got on cafemom.

oredeb
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like a good conversation!!!

Quoting AllofFive19:

We talked to our 9-year old about why he has to do things he doesn't want to do. That yes, he does have his own life, but his life is also tied to the family and as a member of this family he needs to do 3 things, 1. Be respectful and responsible. 2. School work and 3. Housework.

We went to my parents' house and I didn't do near anything that I wanted to do for housework over there. I went shopping with DH for everything BUT food. We helped the kids with their school work for the day. DH went to work. I went to the cemetary with my mom to help her look for a few people.

Came home, went downstairs and cleaned that, fed the cats and cared for them, got on the net, wrote a few posts in my new blog, did some cat food and dog food research, got on cafemom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)