Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Our first day!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

Today was our first official day of homeschool! (kindergarten) We did reading, writing, math, and social studies lessons today. It took us about 3 1/2 hours. It could have taken less time, if my 2 year old was less of a distraction for him. I tried giving my 2 yr old something quiet to do, but she wasn't interested. This was unusual because she is normally quiet behaves well. Im hoping it goes a little smoother tomorrow. But overall, I am happy with how it went!

here is a picture of our "class area" (well part of it) :

I took this picture while they were still sleeping. Because, I thought that by the end of the day, it wouldn't be so organized. Luckily, they helped me tidy up when we were done. :)

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Woohoo to your first day,today was our official first day and first year of homeschool, our day went ok my kindergartner was doing a lot of whining and refusing to do her work,but eventually she calmed down,I also have a 1st grader and a 2nd grader whom was very eager to do schoolwork ,I hope tomorrow is much more calmer and I almost forgot to mention,I love your school area:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM

You have a neat class area.

oredeb
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM

hi mrs!

yea first day!!!

for your 2 yr old, this is something new, eventually she'll probably go back to being her usual self!! time! one thing i always gave my younger kids when i needed to teach one of the older ones was a box with stuff in it all taped up! takes time to open for the younger kids!

i like your area! hey you should have an after picture!hahahaha

mrs.musquiz
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Thanks! I'm always looking for tips for the little one. And I didn't take a picture of my desk or the kids table. Because my desk has a fish tank on it that needs cleaning and my desk needs a little organizing itself! I will think about posting an *after picture* ha ha! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)