Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wants to learn Spanish??

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 19 Replies

My son is 5 and he tells me he wants to learn Spanish for one of his lessons this year. I need advice. I took 5 years of Spanish but I can barely remember anything now. How would you go about teaching a 5y/o another language. Is there any good programs that aren't too expensive.

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy242012
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I am using Rosetta stone (Latin america) and Muzzy and also going to get some of her books in Spanish. I also labeled things around the house in Spanish also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightningshadow
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Dora the explorer and go diego go and can get some books in spanish. maybe a spanish native tutor. rosetta stone or muzzy.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

LOL Missie watched these shows and would yell things at us in Spanish all day long.

Quoting lightningshadow:

Dora the explorer and go diego go and can get some books in spanish. maybe a spanish native tutor. rosetta stone or muzzy.

oredeb
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM

hi jacobs mum ! have your tried online stuff?

http://www.123teachme.com/

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

hahahaha so did mine!  :)

Quoting mem82:

LOL Missie watched these shows and would yell things at us in Spanish all day long.

Quoting lightningshadow:

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM

great idea Debs! :)

Quoting oredeb:

hi jacobs mum ! have your tried online stuff?

http://www.123teachme.com/

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I use a trial cd from Rosetta Stone. My kids love it! You not only get the basics,but you get the sound as well.  :)

undefined

momof030404
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Check out this post! My cousin is teaching my kids Spanish and is using these books to get them started! Because they are familiar and known. It obviously wont be the entire learning but it might help supplement your other stuff!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/17132928/GREAT_way_to_help_teach_spanish_at_ANY_age

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Look into:

Whistlefritz DVDs

Visual Link Software

SpanishTown

I was going to suggest another software program but looks like they changed it, which is a shame because it was pretty good for what it was.

MessedUpMama
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:04 AM

We are thinking about Rosetta Stone for both kids. I use to have a Curious George book in Spanish, but  can't find it now. I think we will get some from the library, kids will pick it up quicker than adults will, especially when it's fun. They have also expressed an interest in ASL, I used to know quite a bit of it, but haven't used it for many years so we would all be learning together. The same for Spanish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN