Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you go to the park during school hours...

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you run into other homeschool kids? We are part of a co-op and a social group but my 8yo is needing more social interaction. She's getting bored. Field trips aren't really something we can do frequently because I'm also carting around a baby and 2yo.

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Replies (11-15):
WifeMomStudent
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM
I run into them at the museum not really at our park but we live in a small town
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM
We sometimes go to story time at the library. Or, our town has a Family Wellness Center, and ey offer classes that are free (like Mad Science, Yoga, etc).
letstalk747
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM
never have ran into others
jenkosweet
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

You should also look up those free activities for kids in your area... home schoolers love those! See if your library has readings for kids, we have a museum and a city art studio that has children's activities, go to the farmers' market. If you guys have a local magazine (we have one called Upstate Parent) they should have listings in it, otherwise look up your local library/museum/etc online to see what they offer

amandae21
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM

We went today and it was a ghost town lol. Things were very busy over the summer during the day, but there were only two little kids there and they left shortly after we arrived.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN