Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So what do you ladies think??

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 0 Replies

So this is how we started homeschooling...I got my oldest, Xavier started on something and then I tried to get my middle child, Malachi started on something. But I found that it was hard to keep Malachi busy and interested for the full 2 or 3 hrs Xavier and I worked. 

So instead I have now started working with Xavier first thing in the morning. I get him through all of his work, which has only been taking about 2 hrs (Is that enough time) an then I spend about 30 min working with Malachi. More then 30 minutes an he is done putting forth the effort. He isn't even 4 yet and LOVES to learn an write etc. So I want to teach him but I dont want to overwhelm him or force it on it. So does what we are doing ok??

Also I am curious...we are writing an learning by site the letters an numbers. He knows most of them, but I am trying to work on his writing them. So should I work on it until he knows every single one an can right them an then move on, or should I start introucing words. 

As far as my oldest goes....we are doing Science (we will start social studies in a couple of weeks) and English, and Spelling, and Math, and Reading. I have material for handwriting but haven't really started him on it. I kinda dont see the point...if he is writing while doing English, spelling, math, reading etc, why do we need to spend time on strictly writing. But is it important? Is there anything else I am missing that I should be spending time on??

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)