Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Look what we are getting for our "classroom," I can't wait until friday!!!! YAY

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 25 Replies

My Dh's aunt is pretty much the ONLY family member I have that is also a home schooler (although thankfully we have support from all sides).  She sent us some old dress up things from her kiddos, and some stuff to help me organize things a little.  Plus a VERY nice 31 gifts tote bag for our weekly library trips.  

But she also included a $100 gift card to get a table or some things to set up our preschool area.  Don't get me wrong, our dining room works great, but it is a very small and cramped room, and honestly we have so much stuff in there right now (prepping for a yard sale...at some point) that it is distracting.

So I went online to find a table or activity center for the kids, and came across these.  They had amazing reviews online, and the prices are great.  DS's is $35, and DD's is $50.  We have to wait until Friday (shipping puts us over the $100 price of the gift card) but I am so thrilled.  We'll be using them a lot, I can tell.  Snack time, art time, even the few sit down "lessons" we do...I am so excited!  

And I love the storage space under the seat.  That is going to be a HUGE help.  Our cabinets in the dining room are full, and just removing a few items will help big time. We'll move their school, art, and  some of their educational toys to the boxes.

They are excited too.  They can't wait for their "big boy and big girl school desks."  I hate having to wait even a few days...I am just too impatient for my own good, sigh!  

DS's- Cars theme desk
Delta Children’s Products Disney Cars Chair Desk.Opens in a new window 

DD's-Princesses of course, LOL!
Delta Children’s Products Disney Princess Chair Desk.Opens in a new window 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Omg I LOVE those! My dream is getting kids desks like the wooden ones I used as a child. Maybe when we have the space, someday!
katzmeow726
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We may look in to some nice wooden ones when they out grow these.  I thought these would be fun for the early years.  We are going to have to play furniture tetris in the living room, lol, but i think it will be worth it ;-D

Quoting KickButtMama:

Omg I LOVE those! My dream is getting kids desks like the wooden ones I used as a child. Maybe when we have the space, someday!

oredeb
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

awwww cute!

what a great aunt!!! now you have someone to discuss homeschooling with and for the kids to send things to etc! yea!!

katzmeow726
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Nods!

She really has blessed us!  We have been getting so much help from DH's family. The aunt is on his moms side.  His Dad and Step mom got us some preschool work books that we use a lot now.  And his step mom is a big supporter of home education.  And MIL did preschool home school with DH's sister and him for a bit.   

My parents have really started to warm up to it now. But it really is great to have to have someone in the family that home schools!

Quoting oredeb:

awwww cute!

what a great aunt!!! now you have someone to discuss homeschooling with and for the kids to send things to etc! yea!!

oredeb
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

thats great katz!!!! so many of them are for it!!! they seem like they want to make it a good learning experience!! yea!!!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Nods!

She really has blessed us!  We have been getting so much help from DH's family. The aunt is on his moms side.  His Dad and Step mom got us some preschool work books that we use a lot now.  And his step mom is a big supporter of home education.  And MIL did preschool home school with DH's sister and him for a bit.   

My parents have really started to warm up to it now. But it really is great to have to have someone in the family that home schools!

Quoting oredeb:

awwww cute!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Awesome. I want those.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Quoting katzmeow726:

Lol furniture Tetris is a great way to describe my dining room!
katzmeow726
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I think our entire apartment is a giant game of tetris LOL...it is about to get worse too. We're moving teh twins up to twin beds, which will mean a SERIOUS game of tetris in their bed room ROFL.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Lol furniture Tetris is a great way to describe my dining room!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Congrats! Fairy God Aunt LOL

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM

My kids are to big for those but they are cut!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN