Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The joy of boys.

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
Seriously, the things I'll do as a mom! I have to take the boys camping tomorrow. My DH can't come as he has a final for his classes.

That means I'll be In The Woods (like with animals....and bugs!) trying to figure out how to turn on the grill, how to set up the tent...ugh! How did I get into this? Lol! Thank all the gods that it's only for 24 hours. I'm not a girly-girl, but I am an urbanite! I had 3 brothers growing up, so I never had to really do any of this on my own. While I went camping I had my dad and brothers around to do things like set up the tent and work the grill....maybe we can live on sandwiches? Lol

Wish me luck!

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any cast iron?  I hate using the grill, but give me an open fire and I'll dutch oven my way to a ten course meal!

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I am not a girly girl & I hate camping!

oredeb
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM

you'll have fun, when i was single the kids and i went camping the whole summers, nothin but our dog and my dutch oven!hahahah oh yea our fishing poles also!

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I usually have a good time when I go camping.  I have figured out how to set up our tent.  I do know how to cook over an open fire (marhmallows...they count right).  Try and have a good time.  I will pray the weather is good for you!!!

Bethsunshine
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I don't sleep outside, sorry!! The closest I ever came to camping out was getting talked into sleeping in a tent in our backyard a few years ago. I have to have hot and cold running water, and flushing toilets, in the same building that I'm sleeping. I'm not going to walk through the woods in the middle of the night to go pee. Hubby says I'm high maintenance, but oh well!! He knew that when he married me, LOL!!

I also have two boys and I'm not a girly girl, but I have to have a nice soft bed to sleep in and a flushing toilet! I grew up in the south, so you'd think I'd be more outdoorsy, but I'm not.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

MrsWhite101610
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I'd practice setting up the tent and working to grill before you go. Maybe you can bring one of your brothers lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I like the sandwiches idea.

We used to go tent camping (that's what I have to call it in my house; I'll explain in a moment) and I liked it.  I can't tell you how the smell of Deep Woods Off! makes me feel.  aaaahhhhhh.

An idea: my husband's definition of "camping" includes an RV.....   Think about it: no grill, all the sandwiches you want, no bugs (unless one of the boys leaves the door open), no animals (unless one of the boys leaves the door open overnight)....  This sounds good, right?

(((hugs)))  Hope you make it back alive. lol  {this is a jokingly tearful good bye; I'm not serious; I think you'll do great and the boys will never forget it}

bether89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I like to go camping, but I have never  put up the tent all by myself before.    I hope that you have a good time and get your grill going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN