Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

moms teaching K to their kids....what are you doing this week? 8/27

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 49 Replies

I would love to hear and even see some of the ideas and projects you are doing!

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKitchens25
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

We are going on week 2 of the ocean ( he had too much fun to cut it off at week one) this week we are learning about the seashore and how we can help keep the ocean clean. I am also doing math ( numbers 11-20 and adding 1+2 thru 3+3 ) reading  which is 20 mins of phonics and 20 mins of me reading and him following along, we do handwriting and are working on abcd capitals and lower case and then there is either an art project or cooking everyday too :) I like to keep him busy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Prahl
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM
We are working on addition and subtraction. So we will play money games. We do 5 min of reading where she will read to me. Nature studies on animal classification. Plus some chemistry if we have time. I would like to build the island from my fathers dragon I think that would be fun. We are going to start copy work.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

oh how cool is that...oceans....do you have photos or the crafts or anything with it?

Quoting MrsKitchens25:

We are going on week 2 of the ocean ( he had too much fun to cut it off at week one) this week we are learning about the seashore and how we can help keep the ocean clean. I am also doing math ( numbers 11-20 and adding 1+2 thru 3+3 ) reading  which is 20 mins of phonics and 20 mins of me reading and him following along, we do handwriting and are working on abcd capitals and lower case and then there is either an art project or cooking everyday too :) I like to keep him busy!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM

money games are prolly the best ;) kids love to have their own money...it's a fun way to teach them about math

Quoting Prahl:

We are working on addition and subtraction. So we will play money games. We do 5 min of reading where she will read to me. Nature studies on animal classification. Plus some chemistry if we have time. I would like to build the island from my fathers dragon I think that would be fun. We are going to start copy work.

Precious333
by Julia on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM

School starts for us on wednesday! :) So excited!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM

are you going with a boxed curriculum or what are you planning to do?

Quoting Precious333:

School starts for us on wednesday! :) So excited!

Prahl
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Heap they sure love money every time we do something like eat or watch a movie they want to know how much they need to pay. Then they help with chores and ask me to pay them lol. Kids have a funny way of coming up with games. Lol
Prahl
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I forgot to say I do have my master in apsychology and work with teachers who are close friends for over 10 years.
oredeb
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

not started yet!!!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

ha haha yes...i am trying to come up with some fun things for him to earn money in a special 'school" jar and he can use it for something nice for himself for his bday or christmas...and he will hopefully learn all the coins and values and counting some :)

Quoting Prahl:

Heap they sure love money every time we do something like eat or watch a movie they want to know how much they need to pay. Then they help with chores and ask me to pay them lol. Kids have a funny way of coming up with games. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN