Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a good idea?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi,

My son is in the 3rd grade now and he has trobule controlling himself, always speaking for others and wanting or needing to help others. Academically he is doing great in school, but he has no self control, and with 30 students in one classroom the teacher can't always give him the proper attention. 

So my question is, should i do homeschooling?

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It wouldn't hurt to try it for this year.

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Sounds good to me! Once you start watch out!!! Haha you'll never want to quit!!
kajira
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I would if you think he'd benefit from it.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Why certainly give it a try. Maybe your son is the way he is because he is in the wrong environment for learning.  Its a little difficult to concentrate when you have so many moving distractions.  Maybe he needs the one on one attention that you can provide so that he is actually learning at his level. He may be slowed down so much by the lessons from his teacher(s), that he is extremely bored.  It could be even, that the teachers are going to fast and not giving enough time for actually learning the lessons and he is getting frutrated. Whichever way this is, he is not in a learning environment that is positively conducive to his learning experience.  I would do this for a year and see what you feel like then.  You can always put him back in ps if you find its a better fit for his learning abilities.  :)

undefined

TeaHound
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

If he has trouble with self-control at school, it's going to take a lot of patience and structure on your part to make it good for him and to put as little undue stress on you as possible.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I'd try it and see if you notice a difference.

TarotMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:34 PM

If you can do it then go for it. I took my son out of second grade last year and we have both enjoyed homeschooling since.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM

You can do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)