Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kind of OT Need advice (UPDATE )

Posted by   + Show Post

Next week on Wednesday I have to attend a dinner with my Hubby for his job. The dilemma is I don't know many of the people that he works with or their spouses (Hubby is a very privet person & dose not like to mix work life with home life). I know I will have next to nothing in common with any of them, there is only one other SAHM & her child is a toddler & her & her husband have every intention of sending her off to PS. All the other wives are WM or not Moms at all.
The advice I need is how do I talk to them & not sound like the crazy unschooling, crunchy living, opposes government everything person that I am?

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Replies (11-18):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Hahaha I laughed so hard my kids wanted to know what was so funny!

Quoting mem82:

Or, take the bull by the horns and go wearing dreads and tye dye and refuse to eat anything because you only eat pineapple sauce. lol

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I lack that mode & also lack a censer button so this could be interesting!

Quoting TarotMommy:

Let others lead the conversation and think before speaking. If you're like me though that'd be kinda hard. Lol! I'd just be myself and not worry about what they think.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I am proud of it but I know for a fact that some of the people he works with has very negative opinions about homeschooling & homeschoolers!

If I talked to them the way that I normally would they will be so filled with information that they might explode with knowledge.

Quoting oredeb:

oh heck, talk to them like you noramally would,! they might be that way also but afraid to show it! ask them about their kids, their jobs, and if they ask about your tell them what you do!! be proud of it!hahahahahaha

SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

My DH is a retired USAF officer. I know all about saying the 'right' thing because your husband's career can tilt on how you carry yourself. You can do it!

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM

OH boy, did you ever have pressure, mine I hope to God isn't that important! Thanks for the confidence!

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

My DH is a retired USAF officer. I know all about saying the 'right' thing because your husband's career can tilt on how you carry yourself. You can do it!

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM
3 moms liked this

So I survived the dinner. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We got to pick where we sat & sat with some of his co-workers I have meet before.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I am so glad it went well. 

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Thanks I am too. I was so worried I would say something wrong & offend someone but I never had to talk to any of the ones that I as worried about offending.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I am so glad it went well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN