Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

School pictures?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

So do you get them done? Do you take them yourself or go to a studio?

We've had our son's picture done professionally every year since he was 7 weeks old (he had at least 5 sessions his first year, LOL) and of course I plan to continue that because I want pictures of him as he grows up, plus he's so photogenic (doesn't cooperate too well with me, but he does great with a professional) that I would hate to miss the opportunity.

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RedHeadedLizzy
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Both, actually. We take some outside at home and at various places with interesting backgrounds (we live in the country) and we have family photos with singles of Ash usually in the late fall. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM

nope weve never done them, just normal pictures that i take all the time

Prahl
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I would do them even if I wouldn't be a professional photographer. They charge way to much trust me I know. With all this new technology anyone can take pictures and make them look great. I don't likely editing mine because I love the excitement and process of creating a picture.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I take my own. One of my hobbies is photography so I practice on my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM
We take our own, but not super formal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM

We definitely have to do professional if we want good pics. He'll cooperate pretty good with a photographer, but I'm lucky to get the back side of his head when I'm taking pictures, LOL. Or he's moving around too much it's one big blur. At least their cameras can compensate for that. :p

Precious333
by Julia on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I'm a photographer, so I do them :)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM
We have a mom in our co-op who is a great photographer. This semester we are even going to do a yearbook!
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Mom takes them. She's real good at it... so is my SIL, or there's always a studio photographer (like Wal-Mart).

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I don't know WHAT I am going to do this year!

In past years we have had karate pics done in place of school pics. This year none of the kids still train. DS got his purple belt a few months ago so I will probably still get his pic done.in our dojo belts are hard to earn and aren't based on how long you hve been there but how well you master skills.

I will probaby have pics done at some point. Maybe not till gymnastics pics in spring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN