Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How's school going?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 42 Replies

Hows school going??

any problems?

good stuff?

how do the kids like being back to school?

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fygfitness_mom
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM

It's going.

Starting this year has been difficult as we have just moved to Florida and have not found the right house for us yet. In the mean time we are staying with my in-laws and most of our things are in boxes. It makes school a tad more difficult.

katzmeow726
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Going well so far. The kids pick things up quickly. I just wish we had more basic supplies for art...cost is an issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Much better than last week! DD's not thrilled about sitting down to get her work done, but at least it's getting done.

DesireMM
by Desire' on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

It is going. The oldest thinks I am working him too much. He wants only 30 minutes of school. How dare I expect at least a good 5 hrs of school. lol

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It is going ok...

I just wish I was a little more organized.  I need some more organizational stuff (drawer carts, desks-DH is going to build, a dry erase board, a magnetic board, and some more stuff).  DHs work got slow for a little while, so I've not been able to get anything else I need for school right now.  Hopefully this weekend I can get a few of those things marked off my list.  The boys are getting frustrated also because we are having to dig through stacks of books/notebooks to get what we need..I think once we get everything more organized it will be better.

The boys are very glad to be HS.  They do not want to go back to PS (at least not yet..lol).  They have been in PS since Kindergarten (they are in 9th grade) so this is a change for all of us.  My daughter is in kindergarten and I still need a good bit of stuff to help organize her stuff also.

The good thing is that I see my kids already learning.  My daughter has learned to count by 10's and 5's already (we've only been in school for a week).  We started counting by 2's yesterday.  It is just amazing to see how fast she is learning.

I did have problems today with the kids arguing with each other.  But, like I said earlier, I think they are getting frustrated because things are just not as organized as we'd like them to be.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It isn't. Lol.

We don't start until mid September.

Okay, honestly... we aren't starting because I was indecisive and only just put my orders in this past Sunday. Lol.

Stalking the UPS man isn't working as well as I'd hoped. *sigh*

Besides, my eldest is still out of town visiting Grandma. She comes home this weekend and then next week she starts ballet... so the extra time gives us a chance to get back "in the swing of things".

Or so I keep telling myself.

As I receive bits and pieces of my orders and start making lesson plans, it's a safe bet you will see several "shoot me now" posts.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Prahl
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Quoting fygfitness_mom:

It's going.

Starting this year has been difficult as we have just moved to Florida and have not found the right house for us yet. In the mean time we are staying with my in-laws and most of our things are in boxes. It makes school a tad more difficult.

lol I know what you mean, we also moved to Florida and.are.living with the inlaws. I totally feel ya. Good luck hope everything get settled soon.
oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM

hahahahahahaa!!! he sounds like he has a good sense of humor!

Quoting DesireMM:

It is going. The oldest thinks I am working him too much. He wants only 30 minutes of school. How dare I expect at least a good 5 hrs of school. lol

oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM

oh yes autymsmommy the stalker!!!! watch out!hahahaah

Quoting AutymsMommy:

It isn't. Lol.

We don't start until mid September.

Okay, honestly... we aren't starting because I was indecisive and only just put my orders in this past Sunday. Lol.

Stalking the UPS man isn't working as well as I'd hoped. *sigh*

Besides, my eldest is still out of town visiting Grandma. She comes home this weekend and then next week she starts ballet... so the extra time gives us a chance to get back "in the swing of things".

Or so I keep telling myself.

As I receive bits and pieces of my orders and start making lesson plans, it's a safe bet you will see several "shoot me now" posts.

oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM

can you get some extra boxes and organize those till you get other stuff? we had to do that before, it worked, or use cinder blocks and pieces of lumber for bookcases? i use my large canning jars and my gallon jars for holding up lumber to make shelves!hahahahaha

Quoting starbeck96:

It is going ok...

I just wish I was a little more organized.  I need some more organizational stuff (drawer carts, desks-DH is going to build, a dry erase board, a magnetic board, and some more stuff).  DHs work got slow for a little while, so I've not been able to get anything else I need for school right now.  Hopefully this weekend I can get a few of those things marked off my list.  The boys are getting frustrated also because we are having to dig through stacks of books/notebooks to get what we need..I think once we get everything more organized it will be better.

The boys are very glad to be HS.  They do not want to go back to PS (at least not yet..lol).  They have been in PS since Kindergarten (they are in 9th grade) so this is a change for all of us.  My daughter is in kindergarten and I still need a good bit of stuff to help organize her stuff also.

The good thing is that I see my kids already learning.  My daughter has learned to count by 10's and 5's already (we've only been in school for a week).  We started counting by 2's yesterday.  It is just amazing to see how fast she is learning.

I did have problems today with the kids arguing with each other.  But, like I said earlier, I think they are getting frustrated because things are just not as organized as we'd like them to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN