Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Giveaway: Kingfisher History Encyclopedia

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a new copy of the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia (minus the dustcover; ripped during shipping from Amazon, apparently). This is the red, hardcover edition. This book is targeted at fifth grade and up, I believe. Recommended as spine (main "book") in The Well Trained Mind for the logic stage.

Respond to this post with your favorite famous inspirational quote; when the post reaches 30 replies or tonight at 10 (whichever comes first), I will randomly draw a winner.

I will pay for media mail shipping and ship next week to the winner.

***I know this can't be enforced, but please only enter this giveaway if you have a NEED; I know there are several on here unable to afford curriculum and this could very easily (when combined with outlining skills and supplemental reading) provide a complete world history overview for a logic stage student. ***

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oredeb
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

im not responding but is this a good book for the classical education autymom?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Quoting oredeb:

im not responding but is this a good book for the classical education autymom?

Yes. It is recommended for the logic stages (as the "spine" or main book) in the Well Trained Mind. I should include that in the post. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN