Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Home Pre-school Schedule?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

What kind of schedules have you lovely women done for pre-school? My daughter is 2.5 and already knows her colors and shapes. We are working on letter's and numbers. Also, do you have any ideas for fun activities and games we could do to help her with learning?

Thank You to Everyone that has replied! I really appreciate the input!!

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I don't really have a schedule for my 3 yr. old. We do when she is interested and what she likes. She makes it more fun for me with her enthusiasim and excitement more than the other way around.  She just seems to bubble with these all the time.  We just play and I will use some of her bigger siblings school things to help make her feel like she is doing just like them. For her, that is important. She loves to feel like she is being older than she is. You know, feel more grown up.  :)

undefined

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM
For the most part I went with the flow, as if the child isn't 'in the mood' then there was nothing I could do..lol.. But I had set a schedule of no tv's or games, after breakfast for 1 hour. That was I knew they were usually not tired, but not hopped up with energy either. It worked for us. Sometimes we would just have quiet story time, sometimes we would have full on school.
oredeb
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i did what sonja do!

lots of playing singing dancing enjoying the outside, arts and crafts

Chillisarah
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:51 PM

When my dd was that age we did flashcards and sang lots of fun songs!  I also read so many books to her every day :-)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I really do not have a schedule for them other than circle time every morning.  I am awaiting curriculum and then I will probably do a short lesson each day in between helping thier sisters.  Right now the have educational toys I bring out a few at a time for them to play with and they watch educational dvds when they get bored.

jendawn1
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I was told work on patterns,bead work , scissors . You can help them make lines, circles, x's and crosses to help them with their writing skills. Circle time , playdough ,painting, singing songs and working on there last names. We also go to online free games like abcya.com or nickjr.com and baking. That's what I've been doing with my dd. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightningshadow
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Jump Start or ABC Mouse

Read stories

Play, Play, Play, and More Play lol

Big Jigsaw piece puzzles maybe?

Coloring books (though they won't color in the lines yet)

Connect the dots?

Educational cartoons (Bill Nye the Science Guy, Dora, Diego, Dragon Tails, Basically Nick Jr., Disney Junior, old disney cartoons maybe)

Math-sorting buttons by holes or color

Manipulative-jigsaw puzzles

age appropriate books for reading

nature walks maybe

field trips

Math/science/reading-help mommy or daddy cook (learns measurements. counting, read ingredients)

Dramatic Play/Home Living (dress up, puppet shows, pretend situations such as playing house or going shopping in the grocery store)

finger paining/crafts

go by her interests

heck you could even get that muffy video set and try a foreign langauge

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM

These other ladies have given great answers.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:05 AM
We have a list of things to do each week, but no schedule for my prek. I will do story/calendar/weather time first thing after breakfast, but then fit everything else in around my second grader.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by Mel on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
This pretty much.
She loves to jump in and do stuff with my kindergartener

Quoting kirbymom:

Well, I don't really have a schedule for my 3 yr. old. We do when she is interested and what she likes. She makes it more fun for me with her enthusiasim and excitement more than the other way around.  She just seems to bubble with these all the time.  We just play and I will use some of her bigger siblings school things to help make her feel like she is doing just like them. For her, that is important. She loves to feel like she is being older than she is. You know, feel more grown up.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN