Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

planning on working...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

I already worka little, but need something a bit more stable. Does anyone have any good tips, ideas for working/homeschooling moms? I have an almost 6 yr old, 4 and 2 year old. Thanks :)

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BramblePatch
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
If I were to go back to work, I would market myself as a real estate assistant. I would sit open houses on weekends, schedule showings for the agent and do paperwork from home during the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Quoting BramblePatch:

If I were to go back to work, I would market myself as a real estate assistant. I would sit open houses on weekends, schedule showings for the agent and do paperwork from home during the week.

interesting, never thought of . Do you usuallyt need prior experience?

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:57 PM

hmmmm not sure.....give me a minute to think about this. :)

undefined

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I dont actually make any money so ill not give advice on this one. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I worked up to 20hours/week up till last year. My advice is to don't forget about You. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with work and school and kids that we tend to let care of ourselves slide.
bingbong
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM
It's been kinda tough for me to find stable income this past summer, but I normally teach guitar lessons in the evenings, babysit some mornings for other homeschool moms, babysit on weekends occasionally, and do preschool spanish lessons in the afternoons. I'm also a liscenced Kindermusik educator and have been on a hiatus from doing sessions for a couple of months, but will start again this month. I'm still looking for other ways to make that almighty dollar!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjp2707
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM
You don't? Why do you do it then? It has to be a lot of stress running your own store with little kids.

Quoting Boobah:

I dont actually make any money so ill not give advice on this one. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Kaylie
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I have a home daycare. 

My kids are 7yr. 4yr. and 6 months.

I watch a 2yr. 3yr. and 4yr old during the dayand homeschool like a big family would.

and after school hours a 5yr, 7yr, and 9yr old come over for an hour and a half.  They all do homework together and then play.

no need to sign up for classes just to be social. 

my 7yr. old goes to the retired neighbors house just to have someone read to her one on one during the day,  I work with her one on one during nap/rest time for the lil ones. 

We need the lil extra cash it brings in and my kids like having regular play mates. It works for now.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I was thinking of doing something like that but we live in a small house. I was talking to a friend about what she does when she goes out to work and she said she prefers a small daycare for her daughter over a nanny or a large daycare. her daughter is at a place with like 3 other kids. How do you find clients btw? what if I have somewhere to take the kids. for instance we have a class on wednesdays and a class i teach on fridays.

Quoting Mom2Kaylie:

I have a home daycare. 

My kids are 7yr. 4yr. and 6 months.

I watch a 2yr. 3yr. and 4yr old during the dayand homeschool like a big family would.

and after school hours a 5yr, 7yr, and 9yr old come over for an hour and a half.  They all do homework together and then play.

no need to sign up for classes just to be social. 

my 7yr. old goes to the retired neighbors house just to have someone read to her one on one during the day,  I work with her one on one during nap/rest time for the lil ones. 

We need the lil extra cash it brings in and my kids like having regular play mates. It works for now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM
It just takes finding your skills and marketing them. I have one client at the moment but I'm starting to get. Business together training dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)