Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ever had legal issues with homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am reading the home school network page for all the rules & regulations I must follow such as record keeping. Has anybody ever had issues with somebody coming to check up on them?

by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Replies (31-35):
MOMMYJM
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:08 AM

wow....what state was this in and how long ago??

Quoting melindabelcher:

My mom was contacted several times demanding to be allowed entrance to the home. They wanted to see her schooling area, review curriculums etc. she called her lawyer who told her he'd take care of it and they never heard from the school district again

taylamill
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM
I'm in Arkansas. We really don't have that many laws. We don't have to keep any kind of records. But I do anyways. The only thing we have to do is test yearly in grades 3-9. That's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by Mel on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:12 AM
Massachusetts and about 10yrs ago

Quoting MOMMYJM:

wow....what state was this in and how long ago??

Quoting melindabelcher:

My mom was contacted several times demanding to be allowed entrance to the home. They wanted to see her schooling area, review curriculums etc. she called her lawyer who told her he'd take care of it and they never heard from the school district again

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Never. And honestly? I've never, in almost a decade, actually spoken (even online) to someone who has. Except for divorces and such.
mama3ks97
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM

No problems here. Kansas is very easy to home school in also. Many of my former teachers are impressed and supportive that I'm homeschooling my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)