Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First full year of homeschool

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
Last year I did it for the last 2 months I went in and pulled her out everything went fine. This year do I ha e to do anything sence I didnt enroll her this year means she is not in the system anymore im just worried lol btw im in texas if that helps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerspell
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM
No you don't have to do anything. I am in Texas too here you only have to let them know when you remove your child and if your child never goes to PS you never have to contact them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

.  If you call  your Home State home School Association, they are usually most helpful. Following is a link to help you find yours:

How To Find Your State Home School Association

oredeb
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

congratulations on continuing to homeschool tinker!!! how old is your daughter?

tinkerspell
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
She is 6 still another month she will be 7 I have been doing a week of small fun stuff cuz my oak meadow has yet to get here and she tells everybody she is never goung to publoc school again she loves being homeschooled lol definitly makes me happy

Quoting oredeb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Aw! She sounds sweet! 8)

Quoting tinkerspell:

She is 6 still another month she will be 7 I have been doing a week of small fun stuff cuz my oak meadow has yet to get here and she tells everybody she is never goung to publoc school again she loves being homeschooled lol definitly makes me happy

Quoting oredeb:

duchessofdirt
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Our school sends out the paper work at the end of summer every year for me. I don't have to contact them at all,I just make sure I send in the papers.

tinkerspell
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

do you mind what if i ask what you use to teach 

Quoting duchessofdirt:

Our school sends out the paper work at the end of summer every year for me. I don't have to contact them at all,I just make sure I send in the papers.

save the date

duchessofdirt
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

This year I bought houghton mifflin and harcourt text and work books through Amazon. I will have to make up my own lesson plans. Last year I bought Calvert for 4th grade (1100 bucks!) I hated it, so did my daughter. It was so much to do so many different books for each subject it was confusing. This might be just as bad without having the lesson plans done for me but we'll see.

tinkerspell
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I paid $350 for my oakmeadow and plans are all done for me with not a ton of books either im excited plus i can use that for all my other kids too

Quoting duchessofdirt:

This year I bought houghton mifflin and harcourt text and work books through Amazon. I will have to make up my own lesson plans. Last year I bought Calvert for 4th grade (1100 bucks!) I hated it, so did my daughter. It was so much to do so many different books for each subject it was confusing. This might be just as bad without having the lesson plans done for me but we'll see.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN