Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A Simple Explanation of How to Interact with Introverts

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM
BJ
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you know any Introverts? I live in a house with a bunch (even the cat is one).

http://twentytwowords.com/2012/08/29/a-simple-explanation-of-how-to-interact-with-introverts/

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

lol Thats pretty good.  :)   Good posting. Thanks for sharing. :))

undefined

oredeb
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

oh yea usmom, thats so good!! thats how i feel!!!! yea!!

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Both of my sons have Autism & they are Introverts. Going out among people is so draining for them that they can't stand to be out in public for very long. My Hubby is the same as the boys, my daughter is one depending on the day some days she is an Introvert other days an Extrovert. I am an Extrovert & have had to learn how to be around so many Introverts.

Quoting duchessofdirt:

That is totally my 10 year old! She has her little square(that's what I call it) and she has only so much room in there, if you don't meet her needs you don't fit in her square. She doesn't waste her time. The bad thing is that she will pick people apart. If she finds something annoying about you she doesn't want you around. It's hard to be that age and be the way she is. She makes friends very easily but she is very picky. When she was in school everyone wanted to sit with her, be her friend but she found things annoying in each girl so she wouldn't want to be around them unless she had to. I think that because she had a few close friends she felt that she had all that she needed so she found flaws in everyone else so she didn't have to make new friends.

Pinned Image

lightningshadow
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I have no social skills and don't get along with people my own age.  All the college kids I know are into partying, sleeping around, drugs, smoking cancer sticks, drinking, etc. and don't give a damn about their studies.  I thought college kids would be more mature but they aren't.  I'm a loner... I'm more happy being by myself then with groups.  I'm terribly shy as well and have a speech problem so I don't talk much.   I'd have no issues having friends if I could find people who had some of the same interests I do (history, green living, animals, preserving the environment, anthroplogy, archaelogy, horses, astronomy, helping the poor and oppressed, video games, anime, mythology, learning about other cultures, being close to nature, camping).  *Shrugs*-just seems to me like nobody gets me, or they don't bother to understand me and get to know me.  If I don't speak up then I'm considered 'rude' and 'weird'.  Hell I'm already seen as 'weird' lol because I'm not into the partying lifestyle of college kids and try my hardest not to associate with those types of people as a rule.  When I study that's all I care about-getting good grades-not focusing on anything else.  LOL even my old classmates when I was in 11th grade thought I was weird for all the studying I did.  I rember a guy named Tim told me I study too much!  Studying has just always been important to me since I hit high school and good grades were expected of me by my mom and step father.  I think a lot of people seem to think if you're an introvert or you are shy then you're 'rude'/'weird' and try to crowd up in your personal space.  I'm not comfortable with people touching me (I stiffen up when people hug me). 

SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM

How to care for introverts.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Lol. Dang, maybe my DH is just anti-social and not introverted! He has no problem with energy around people he likes or doing fantasy football and such, but get him around my family and all I get are questions from people like, "is he hung over?" "are you guys going to get separated?" lol. I finally stopped sugar coating it and respond, "he just doesn't like any of you" lol.
mommy242012
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Love it! I am an introvert, my kids are not, my df isn't and luckily he knows me well enough to know when I need space and is slowly breaking me out of my shell.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM

lol - the third ball picture! Those people outside the ball have no idea how irritating they can be!

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Great article  ...Love it!  I'm going to share this with my dd who is an extreme extravert.  Ds is an introvert and their personality differences can cause some issues from time to time. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:44 AM
I am going to email this to my husband, seriously. He doesnt get how to handle our dd and her shyness. I am also an introvert (except online, lol!)

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN