Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you listen to music or leave the TV on during school time?

Posted by   + Show Post

My 3 year old watches TV in the other room, but I'm wondering if silence or music might help my son FOCUS!

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Replies (21-26):
MessedUpMama
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM

TV is too distracting to all of us and music can be very distracting to me. So we've been keeping everything off. However, DS thinks he will work better with some music on. Right now I'm reading aloud a lot so any sound might conflict with that. We will see how things go from here. I have Pandora ready and a couple of channels selected with the kinds of music I hope will be helpful.

awilliams77
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Music, but not TV. DS likes to blast Skrillex- kinda European dance, dub step strange ness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I like Skrillex. 8)

Quoting awilliams77:

Music, but not TV. DS likes to blast Skrillex- kinda European dance, dub step strange ness

sweetserenit292
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I have two boys ages 5 and 3.  Even though I have some things we do together.....my 3 year old will venture into the living room and turn on the tv.   Usually the tv is off but sometimes I need that extra 10 min to work on something with my 5 year old. 

placidic
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I used to have it on all the time except during Bible lesson and prayer.  Daughter is really distracted this year, so I don't play it as much.  We like children's folk songs on Pandora.

LilyofPhilly
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Music yes, TV no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)