Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any moms here that work and homeschool?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is only 4.5 so I homeschool in the morning and when dh comes home in the afternoon, I work in the afternoons/early evenings outside the home.  Long, busy day but it keeps me going.  

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I don't but I know Moms that work at home as well as outside of it.

.3xBlessed.
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Yes. I homeschool both my boys on top of their schooling, and i work full time from home, and i put in about 20 hours a week to the business that i own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I work ft from home and homeschool 2 kindergarteners, have a 3 yr old and 16 yr old in high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM

No but my next door neighbor works every day from 7am - noon. Her husband works 3rds so her son goes to a babysitter for a few hours in the morning during the overlap between their shifts, then she schools their son when she gets home at lunchtime and dad goes off to bed.

JDsmomma07
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Cool everyone! Thank you for sharing. i was just curious. LOL 

Mom2Kaylie
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

i have a home daycare and have always homeschooled my 7yr. and 4yr. old  and i have a baby.  We just homeschool like a big family would and i get a lil cash to make ends meet

zebrachick83
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I work from home about 25 hours a week. Usually I get my work done either before the kids get up or after they go to bed. 

Homeschooling, writing, JW mom to three. Wife to one and only. expecting girl

awilliams77
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Yes- I work and home school. Was a sahmfor 13 yrs, then we needed me to get a job. 8.5 yrs later, I am a tech support supervisor for a cell phone company. Usually I work 2-11p, 5 days a week, with 2 weekdays off. Dh works days with weekends off. So, the kids were on their own for around 3 hers in the afternoon, 3 afternoons a week, from the time my oldest was 14. Never had to use a sitter. Dh and I are home at the same time 2 weeknights, and sat/sun mornings. We make it work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)