Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How to deal with a procrastinator?? Please give me your tips.

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

DD procrastinates with EVERYTHING.  Schoolwork, cleaning her room, watering the garden,..... I could go on and on. If there is a task at hand, she will find ANY way to put it off.  I've tried chore charts and that does not work in our house.  Please give me your tips! 

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katzmeow726
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM

...what if the procrastinator is me though?  LOL!

Bump for ya :-D 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

If she waits til lth lat minute, I would give her shorter time spans to accomplish it.

I hae one DS, I can give hi his assignment sheet on Monday nd he works on it through hteweek. I tried that with Ds2 and he tried to wait and do everything Friday nd realised -OH CRAP! Can'tbe done in a day! He now has  a daily list. He still has the freedom to choose one or two things to hold over and he may do as much as he wants early - but he has a minimum amount due each day. this works much better or him.

Is it procrastinating? or is it daydreaming? IE: does she start cleaning the room and get distracted? or doesshepurposel y find other things todo first. When something is a chore or an assignment, I call them on it right away, "Umm..what ya doing?" and usualy I get a guilty "aahhhh shit! she caught me" look back..LMAO

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM

LOL!!! 

Well she is a dreamer, but when there is a task at hand she purposely finds other things to do.  I call her on it, but really I have to call her on it about 6 times.  Like if she's doing daily journal, she thinks she's working on it if the notebook and pencil is in her hand.  It's a combination of procrastinating and being a slow poke. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN