Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Innotab or E-Reader

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
For Christmas we are doing "wear, need, want, read". For read, since they have SO many books, I am thinking a v-tech e-reader or Innotab for each kiddo (4.5 and 5.5). Any thoughts on either of those? Or other suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RedHeadedLizzy
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM

We have a dedicated PC for "schoolwork" and use both ePub and Kindle (free) readers on it. Amazon has a TON of free classics for download. 

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

We have a Nook we share as a family and we love it.  Lots of freebies and great apps. 

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM
We have a tablet & 3 computers that we use for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM
We are obsessed w/ our iPad, but it's pricey. We are considering a kindle fire for Christmas for the boys.
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet but since the kids are so young, I hate to go that route yet. They do have their own computers but I was thinking of the two I mentioned because they are portable AND age appropriate.

Quoting KickButtMama:

We are obsessed w/ our iPad, but it's pricey. We are considering a kindle fire for Christmas for the boys.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Another vote for a tablet. It seems like the cost of "stuff" for the innotab/v-tech would catch up quickly to the cost of a tablet. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM

We have an innotab, and while it is nice and all, we just don't use them that much.  They are kind of limited, I can't even find games for them anymore, not to mention the games are $25 a piece!  I wish I'd have gotten an ereader for my older one.  If I could afford it we'd all have ipads, but for now we share one.  

southernwldchld
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

We're going the Nabi route for tablets. A little spendy at 200 a piece, but they are awesome in my opinon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)