Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT It's Sunday Football!! Are you watching the game? Who are you cheering for?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

It's finally here, the regular season opening game!!  A couple of years ago I realized my kids could name many famous artists, composers, and scientists, but were completely clueless about sports.  So what started out as a unit study in pop culture has snowballed into an obsession.  This is how it goes down at our house Sunday afternoon.  My girl and I are glued to the TV for 3 and a half hours, while my boy is hiding out in his room watching netflix.  LOL!

~Are you watching the game?

~Who's you're team?

What are your Sunday football family rituals?

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Nope no football here, everyone in our house hates it. Our Sunday is spent watching movies or playing video games as a family.
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am obsessed with football. I watch college football all day Saturday (Kentucky fan) & Pro on Sunday. I'm a die hard Colts fan, but being in California they are rarely on. We went to Red Robin today just so I could see some of the game lol

My ritual, i wear my jersey, I throw things. Scream. Yell. I got a lucky football which isn't so lucky anymore. All my kids wear Colts jersey's on the first game.  My daughter wears blue. Not the fake pink crap lol.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM
We have a in-house tailgate planned for tonoghts game. DH is a huge Steelers fan, so it should be fun!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I am obsessed with football. I watch college football all day Saturday (Kentucky fan) & Pro on Sunday. I'm a die hard Colts fan, but being in California they are rarely on. We went to Red Robin today just so I could see some of the game lol

My ritual, i wear my jersey, I throw things. Scream. Yell. I got a lucky football which isn't so lucky anymore. All my kids wear Colts jersey's on the first game.  My daughter wears blue. Not the fake pink crap lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Though, I'm a die hard Pats fan myself, but we live in CT so regionally I'm stuck with that or the NY teams. My eldest is a die hard Giants fan. My youngest usually cheers for both sides? Lol. So it's always a fun time in our house. I grew up the only girl in my house since my dad was a single parent, so I got into the football habit young. It's the only sport, aside from the Olympics and Figure Skating I can watch on tv though. Things like hockey, baseball, basketball, etc, I have to watch live or not at all.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM
What is this thing called football? lol Not a fan, don't watch any except the super bowl. I know enough to follow it and be able to discuss it to a point but not a fan.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I don't watch.

Being in Columbus means Buckeye fever is everywhere, though. LOL

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I'm not watching, but we are Bengal fans.

EiuGirl316
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Oh we watched and our team WON! We're pretty die hard Chicago fans over here (being from Chicago and all). We generally go to my parents house and watch the game over there at MAXIMUM volume. It's awesome. 

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Welcome to the group!   So glad your team won!!  My team lost :(

Quoting EiuGirl316:

Oh we watched and our team WON! We're pretty die hard Chicago fans over here (being from Chicago and all). We generally go to my parents house and watch the game over there at MAXIMUM volume. It's awesome. 

EiuGirl316
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Bummer about your teams loss. There's always next week, right? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN