Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Trying to decide what to do....virtual or traditional!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

It seems every time I get sure of our decision about what to use for our curriculum something happens to make myself second guess things. 
Right now we're really debating between using a DVD (or streaming) cirriculum vs myself teaching the kids. 
Do any of you ladies use DVDs/streaming with your children?  For all classes or just some?  Have you tried both ways?  Pros and cons of traditional homeschool vs virtual homeschool? 
I'm looking for any and all opinions! 
Thanks so much!! 

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Replies (11-12):
Rachel728
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Thanks, ladies.  I'm not worried about NOW.  I'm worried about when I have a 1st, 3rd and 5th grader...or however that will work out with thier ages.  I'm doing a lot of research and planning now so that I feel at least a little bit prepared for when they are all doing school.    Right now my 4 yo is doing a 5 year old Kindergarten program and my 2.5 yo is sitting in on that as she wants to and I do a little bit with colors/shapes/letters/numbers with her also. 
I'm not sure how I will be able to manage my time when they are all school age though.  Plus the fact that there will probably more of them by then, lol. 
How do you guys do it who have three or more kids?  How much one-on-one teaching time do you mange to get with each child? 

oredeb
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

rachel, when they are all school age you'll have gotten use to it! you start with the oldest and add the others as they are ready! just like having kids, one at a time till your done!hahaha

some of the kids that are close in age you can teach the same stuff to,

when i need to teach one on one, i have the other doing something else, also the older ones keep the younger ones busy if i have a one on one project 

the one on one time just kinda flows naturally

sounds like your doing good and when a baby comes have the baby with you while your teaching 4 yr old and 2 yr old, and if you need to do a one on one, with one of them, you could wait till nap time or your dh comes home to watch the others or find something to keep the others busy while you do one on one, i used one of those sling thingys for the babies, that helped me a lot

Quoting Rachel728:

Thanks, ladies.  I'm not worried about NOW.  I'm worried about when I have a 1st, 3rd and 5th grader...or however that will work out with thier ages.  I'm doing a lot of research and planning now so that I feel at least a little bit prepared for when they are all doing school.    Right now my 4 yo is doing a 5 year old Kindergarten program and my 2.5 yo is sitting in on that as she wants to and I do a little bit with colors/shapes/letters/numbers with her also. 
I'm not sure how I will be able to manage my time when they are all school age though.  Plus the fact that there will probably more of them by then, lol. 
How do you guys do it who have three or more kids?  How much one-on-one teaching time do you mange to get with each child? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN